Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:01 PM   #1
icantbelieveit
macrumors member

Change App Store country on iPhone

I'm sure this has been mentioned by after searching for 30mins I couldn't find it so I do apologize if this is a repeat thread.

Just got iphone 3G and the app store button takes me to the US store even after logging in with my UK username. How can I get it so the uk store comes up, or at least can transfer to the UK store from the US one?

Many thanks
icantbelieveit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:04 PM   #2
April Dancer
macrumors regular

you need to change it in iTunes. I assume you're trying to change it on the phone?
April Dancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:16 PM   #3
icantbelieveit
macrumors member

Ah ok that's the problem! Yeah was trying to change on iPhone, will have to wait until I'm home then. Thanks for the quick response!
icantbelieveit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2009, 02:14 AM   #4
iinlane
macrumors newbie

On ipod touch 3.x
Settings -> Store -> Log Out -> Log In -> fill in the other account use name and password.
I have both UK and EST accounts. Software update only updates apps bought by using one of them.
iinlane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:44 AM   #5
noall666
macrumors newbie

Ok, so you have 2 accounts, I have been trying to do this for ever. I have a bank account in both countrys, england and usa.

so were exactly do i set up the 2 accounts. do I need to use 2 different emails??? I would like to use just my .mc account email. (unsure if this will work.?
and I did find the log in on the iphone for the app store, but yes, you must do it on itunes but were and exactly how???
noall666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Sarshley
macrumors newbie

Arrow How to change switch ipad app store to other country

Hi,may i ask how to change ipad US mode to others contry ? Please tell me step by step.
Sarshley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:35 AM   #7
Melwyn
macrumors newbie

How do I change m uk store to india...
Melwyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:36 AM   #8
northernmunky
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbelieveit View Post
I'm sure this has been mentioned by after searching for 30mins I couldn't find it so I do apologize if this is a repeat thread.

Just got iphone 3G and the app store button takes me to the US store even after logging in with my UK username. How can I get it so the uk store comes up, or at least can transfer to the UK store from the US one?

Many thanks
To answer the posters original question, I just found myself in the same situation, somehow stuck in the US store, when I should be in the UK store.

1. Make sure to close the App Store app first
2. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Log out and log back in again.
3. Reload App Store, everything should now be in 's
northernmunky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:47 AM   #9
jaysquaredcom
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb

I needed to change the countries frequently to check my apps, so I put together a little Web App with 1-click region switching for myself. Maybe it's also helpful for you.

You can find it at http://appstoreswitch.com.
jaysquaredcom is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 07:53 PM   #10
originalt
macrumors newbie

My App Store isn't allowing me to update or download things, it keeps saying it won't do it bcos it's not on the Australian Store, I need to set it from US to Australia can I get help please?? I'm useless with technology :-(
originalt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:10 PM   #11
Kenthere
macrumors newbie

How to change App Store country on iPhone?
Kenthere is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting