Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:13 PM   #1
poppyljg
macrumors newbie

Trial account and syncing

Can you sync contacts and calendar with a mobileme trial account. I'm trying to sync on my macbook and I get an error message saying that it can't sync.

Help!
poppyljg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:18 PM   #2
queshy
macrumors 68040

My calendar definitely isn't "push" - syncing not working for me either but i dont get an error message
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:21 PM   #3
cwedl
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by queshy View Post
My calendar definitely isn't "push" - syncing not working for me either but i dont get an error message
That's interesting - I have a trial as well and my Calender and Contacts are definitely push, but my mail. that said my friend has a trial and everything is push for him.
cwedl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:24 PM   #4
queshy
macrumors 68040

in fact, as of now, my me.com website doesn't sync properly.

Until apple fixes this im sticking with a trial. its too slow and not practical.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:43 PM   #5
spicoli
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyljg View Post
Can you sync contacts and calendar with a mobileme trial account. I'm trying to sync on my macbook and I get an error message saying that it can't sync.

Help!
I had the same problem. I couldn't sync my contacts and calendar and mobileme kept saying that syncing was not available in the trial version and to upgrade. That was a couple of days ago (I did the manual install). I never did get it it work. I did open another trial account after the server issues seemed to get a little better and all is well. iPhone to Macbook syncs over the air both ways for contacts and calendar. I am now having an issue with my PC at work, but I suspect my IT department enabled a proxy requirement I haven't figured out yet. Try to sweet talk them on Monday. Wonder if bagels will help?
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:47 PM   #6
cwedl
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwedl View Post
That's interesting - I have a trial as well and my Calender and Contacts are definitely push, but my mail. that said my friend has a trial and everything is push for him.
Just tried it again, everything is working 100%. I quite like this, push is amazing especially the e-mail.
cwedl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services