Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:27 AM   #1
hawkryger
macrumors newbie

Talking Custom carrier logo on iPhone 3g

So, don't know if this has been posted yet...but it's kind of cool so I figured I would share the love.
I had a 1st gen. iPhone which was jailbroken and had a custom carrier logo on it (my initials.) When I got my iPhone 3g, I restored using the previous backup from my jailbroken phone. Much to my delight, I saw that my custom carrier logo transferred over to my iPhone 3g! So, while we may not be able to jailbreak it just yet, if you had a custom carrier logo previously, you can get it once again.

Cheers.

Last edited by hawkryger; Jul 16, 2008 at 07:42 AM.
hawkryger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:40 AM   #2
msmaron
macrumors member

How do you get that custom carrier logo, i want to put in my wifi name and i do have customize but where do i do it please
mark
msmaron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:00 AM   #3
andybno1
macrumors 68040

I have no idea if it works on the iPhone 3G but I seen a post on ipod touch forums that you can alter the 2.0 restore package and put a custom apple logo, battery might work for carrier?

details are here..... proceed with caution I take no responsibility if you choose to do this lol

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=79366
andybno1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:06 AM   #4
hawkryger
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
How do you get that custom carrier logo, i want to put in my wifi name and i do have customize but where do i do it please
mark
If you have a 1st gen. iphone..... I used ifuntastic. It was easy, safe and worked very well.
hawkryger is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks