Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
There was someone who upgraded his first gen iPhone to 2.0 with the pwnage, all went well it seems, but he could not get TZones working from TMobile. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this... or dispute this.

Anyone got TZones working on 2.0????

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
You might be referring to me in your post, but just to go ahead and add +1 on NOT being able to use T-zones (web) with 2.0. However there is hope, I found a tutorial that has the proxy files and plist files, all one would have to do (in theory) is replace the original ones with these. Unfortunately, I dont have SHH access on this phone yet, nor wireless at this location.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
You might be referring to me in your post, but just to go ahead and add +1 on NOT being able to use T-zones (web) with 2.0. However there is hope, I found a tutorial that has the proxy files and plist files, all one would have to do (in theory) is replace the original ones with these. Unfortunately, I dont have SHH access on this phone yet, nor wireless at this location.

Did you have TZones working BEFORE you upgraded to 2.0?

I did that tutorial back in version 1.02 or so, I think.

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
Yup everything was working fine. Except youtube, which is, I believe, attributed to a port issue with the t-zones plan.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
OK, I just upgraded to 2.0. Looks like no TZones.

Where did you find your tutorial? I have ssh here, and can give that a shot.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Posted too quick!

I restored to my old phone in iTunes- and TZONES IS WORKING. FOR SURE.

Got Safari to work, got e-mail from my POP server.

Apps store does not seem to work, though. Do I have to be on WiFi for that????

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
I just restored to my old iPhone settings (still pwned 2.0), and now E-mail works, but no safari - Booo

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
I just restored to my old iPhone settings (still pwned 2.0), and now E-mail works, but no safari - Booo

I'd like to second that... did the same thing.. running the new PWNED 2.0... Mail still works after i "restored" my iphone settings... but safari is giving me the 502 error or whatever the numbers are...

If anyone knows how to fix, Please post here ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Update: appStore != working over edge either

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Sorry- I was playing in the App store- Remote has my wife Gaga!

I got a 502 error at first, but I stopped, reset the phone, and reloaded. It worked then.

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
No app store for me. How did you unlock on the previous version. Did you use pwnage?

I used zIphone... I should also note i just ran the hack in the installer to get t-zones working on the 1.1.4... If theres anything else i need to do to get it working on the 2.0 let me know.

Thanks!

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
Me too. What I'm thinking is to use pwnage 1.1 to revert back 1.1.4 and then get t-zones to work, create a back-up and then pwn 2.0 revert back to the saved settings and see if that will do the trick.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Can you step me through exactly what you did..?

Thanks so much!

Happy to!

Started at 1.1.4, previously pwned with TZones working.

1) Drink a beer. Maybe 2.
2) Read a lot of messages on this board trying to decide to update. Decide to.
3) D/L all the stuff I needed: Pwnage, 2.0.ipsw, iTunes 7.7.
4) Run pwnage, get a custom ipsw on desktop. I told it I had an iPhone, previously pwn, NOT a legal user.
5) went into DFU mode, iTunes restored w/ custom ipsw.
6) Bootnueter ran, no changes made to bootloader, firmware upgraded.
7) tested- NO Safari (Proxy error). No Apps store (WiFi OFF).
8) Restored to my old info.
9) Safari again errored out. I powered down and up again, tried again, worked. Checked mail. Got it.

Thats it.

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
Happy to!

Started at 1.1.4, previously pwned with TZones working.

1) Drink a beer. Maybe 2.
2) Read a lot of messages on this board trying to decide to update. Decide to.
3) D/L all the stuff I needed: Pwnage, 2.0.ipsw, iTunes 7.7.
4) Run pwnage, get a custom ipsw on desktop. I told it I had an iPhone, previously pwn, NOT a legal user.
5) went into DFU mode, iTunes restored w/ custom ipsw.
6) Bootnueter ran, no changes made to bootloader, firmware upgraded.
7) tested- NO Safari (Proxy error). No Apps store (WiFi OFF).
8) Restored to my old info.
9) Safari again errored out. I powered down and up again, tried again, worked. Checked mail. Got it.

Thats it.

I like step 1..

How did you get T-Zones originally working... did you hack through installer, or did you do p-list updates etc.

javabear90

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Houston, TX
I've done a bit more reading on hackint0sh and it looks like the manual install might work. One guy said to follow these instructions: Google "T-Mobile T-Zones EDGE Settings Fix for 1.1.4"
I'm still not going to try anything until I get some more assurances though.
-Ted

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
I like step 1..

How did you get T-Zones originally working... did you hack through installer, or did you do p-list updates etc.

I do, too! That was an important step, which is why I included it! :D

I started at 1.02, when you had to edit a couple files to get it working. When I went to 1.1.4, I used the Installer.app think under "Tweaks 1.1.4" to make TZones work.

I guess one of those hacks followed through, because it is working fine.

OK, I just turned off wifi. Check some more stuff.

Safari working.

Google Maps OK
Locate MeVey Inaccurate, but worked. Oh, it adjusted, much more accurate. Blue circle about 1/2 mile wide.

Weather works.

Stocks updated. Got a graph and everything.

Looks like I am getting (very slowly) the Apps store now, too.

Good luck all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.