Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
I didn't pwn, I used ziphone. Hmm I just created a pwned 1.1.4 and thinking about installing the hack, backing up and then going to a pwned 2.0.

kddo14

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Error 500

Safari keeps giving me "Error 500 - HTTP Error: Scodes"... is anyone else getting this? Mail seems to be updating fine, but safari won't work.. i was on 1.1.4 and pwned up to 2.0.. if there's not gonna be a workaround i guess i'll just have to go back to 1.1.4

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Safari keeps giving me "Error 500 - HTTP Error: Scodes"... is anyone else getting this? Mail seems to be updating fine, but safari won't work.. i was on 1.1.4 and pwned up to 2.0.. if there's not gonna be a workaround i guess i'll just have to go back to 1.1.4

I got that- but I have gotten that a lot before. I THINK it is T-Mo screwed up, not the phone.... they proxy everything on the TZones.

Get out of the Safari, then go back in, and force a refresh. See what happens.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Here is something else I just found.

Go to: Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

My APN, Username and Password are all BLANK.

Give that a shot.

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
I got that- but I have gotten that a lot before. I THINK it is T-Mo screwed up, not the phone.... they proxy everything on the TZones.

Get out of the Safari, then go back in, and force a refresh. See what happens.

Yea i ziphoned, not pwned 1.1.4 and got the same problem..

WMuntean, let me know if repwning 1.1.4 works out for you

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
Here is something else I just found.

Go to: Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

My APN, Username and Password are all BLANK.

Give that a shot.

mine had an address in APN.. i got rid of it, rebooted... and it still doesn't seem to work... Bummer

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
mine had an address in APN.. i got rid of it, rebooted... and it still doesn't seem to work... Bummer

Bummer yeah. I will keep trying on my end, too. Let me know if you want me to test anything.

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
pwnage 1.1 won't recognize my phone in recovery mode... So I can't downgrade to 1.1.4...

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
Ya, I read that the file structure has changed, but I dont have any other information though... I'm debating about restoring to original 1.1.4, then seeing if pwnage 1.1 recognizes the recovery mode and start from there, but it might have to wait till tomorrow

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
Ya, I read that the file structure has changed, but I dont have any other information though... I'm debating about restoring to original 1.1.4, then seeing if pwnage 1.1 recognizes the recovery mode and start from there, but it might have to wait till tomorrow

after some snooping i may have had a breaktrhough... hang on to your horses.. stay tuned... will let you know

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
after some snooping i may have had a breaktrhough... hang on to your horses.. stay tuned... will let you know

BINGO!

ok from my snooping i found that the hack that was installed refered to..

<key>Proxies</key>
<dict>
<key>ProxyAutoConfigEnable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>ProxyAutoConfigURLString</key>
<string>file:///private/var/preferences/proxy.pac</string>
</dict>

however.. when i navigated to /private/var/preferences/ on the phone... proxy.pac wasn't there.

So indeed all you need to do is create a file "proxy.pac" and upload it to that directory...

Basically follow the p-list instructions.. except the p-list you need is located at: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

not where the tutorial says it is..

So happy it works!

Thanks for everyones help!

EDIT:: App store seems to work, however, downlaoding an app over edge does not... Google maps and such works fine.

EDIT2:: Scratch that, downloaded AIM over edge fine.. AND IT RUNS! Finally AIM for us t-zones users over edge!! Whooooooooooooo!

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
Note for baseball fans... i bought the MLB App... it loads fine over edge... but the video's don't seem to play ("This Movie Cannot be Loaded") Works fine over Wi-Fi... just a word of caution..

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
BINGO!

<key>Proxies</key>
<dict>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>

however.. when i navigated to /private/var/preferences/ on the phone... proxy.pac wasn't there.

So indeed all you need to do is create a file "proxy.pac" and upload it to that directory...

Basically follow the p-list instructions.. except the p-list you need is located at: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

So happy it works!

EDIT:: App store seems to work, however, downlaoding an app over edge does not... Google maps and such works fine.

EDIT2:: Scratch that, downloaded AIM over edge fine.. AND IT RUNS! Finally AIM for us t-zones users over edge!! Whooooooooooooo!

Can you type out a quick step-by-step for us? Or a quick clarification? What do you put in "proxy.pac?"
Thanks!

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
Can you type out a quick step-by-step for us? Or a quick clarification? What do you put in "proxy.pac?"
Thanks!

I think he meant follow the instructions on the link posted a couple of posts up. If so, the contents should be:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
else
return "DIRECT";
}

And then, as noted, upload proxy.pac to the new location, not the one mentioned in the link.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I think he meant follow the instructions on the link posted a couple of posts up. If so, the contents should be:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
else
return "DIRECT";
}

And then, as noted, upload proxy.pac to the new location, not the one mentioned in the link.

Thanks! I may upgrade to 2.0 tonight then!

kddo14

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
BINGO!

<key>Proxies</key>
<dict>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>

So happy it works!

you are a genius. you, sir, get 1 free internets.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
That is cool! I have another iPhone to upgrade today... I will check this out with that one.

Makes sense in a way- I DID add a proxy.pac file to my iPhone manually at 1.0.2 or so. Strange thing is, I do NOT remember doing it to my phones at 1.1.4. I just point this out because I sold my original phones (8 gig) and now have 16 Gig phones... and I do NOT think I put proxy.pac on the 16s at all... but I did put it on the 8's.

So I wonder if it somehow got there with the backup/restore?

Anyway, I will work on the new one.

Glad yougot it all working!

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
UPDATE: Cydia now has the T-zones Hack that fixes all problems for me. So now safari works, but still no YouTube. App store works, but I'm getting hung up at the downloading phase over Edge.

EDIT: Downloading over Edge works for me :)

skibizkit

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
Is the package your referring to the 1.0 TZones Hack in Cydia, the only one that I can find as of right now...

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
UPDATE: Cydia now has the T-zones Hack that fixes all problems for me. So now safari works, but still no YouTube. App store works, but I'm getting hung up at the downloading phase over Edge.

EDIT: Downloading over Edge works for me :)

Great! I was going to PM you to see how you were getting on, but you do not take PM's!

So I did my wifes, which is at 1.1.4, with ZiPhone. I sshed in, and proxy.pac was there, right where it is supposed to be.

Did the pwnage, and chose "Not Previously PWNed"- all went well. I started it up in Safari, and got the 500 error, scodes. I really think this is an error at TMo at the proxy- like you have to authenticate in or something- I got this MANY times at 1.1.4. I just restart and try again- that usually does it. I DO think it means you are getting to the TZones server- just that their server is messed up- after all, it is not a "Cannot Connect" message- it is a server error!

Anyway, she had top go to work, so I could not mess any more with hers for the moment.

I re-PWNed my phone (I wanted to get rid of the pinapple logo and go back to the Apple). Everything working fine on my phone!

WMuntean

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
Sweet, I'm glad everything worked out. Ya, I would get the server error VERY frequent on 1.1.4, but I've yet to get it with this new 'T-zones Hack' that I installed. But I'm pretty sure that I'll encounter it soon enough. But does your YouTube work? I can't even connect through links in safari, and if I recall properly, I used to be able to do that...

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Sweet, I'm glad everything worked out. Ya, I would get the server error VERY frequent on 1.1.4, but I've yet to get it with this new 'T-zones Hack' that I installed. But I'm pretty sure that I'll encounter it soon enough. But does your YouTube work? I can't even connect through links in safari, and if I recall properly, I used to be able to do that...

YouTube will NOT work with tzones as it is on a nonstandard port that tzones does not proxy. You need wifi for utube.

FWIW I am at the communiy pool right now on the 2.0 iPhone on Edge. Working fine.

Y

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.