Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irbdavid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
My Dad bought a Canon 450d and filled up a few gigs of space with photos from a trip to China a few weeks back, and is looking for a way to show off the results.

My first thought was to buy him a generic external dvd writer so he can put them on to DVD using iPhoto/iDvd as a slideshow type thing. He has an old G4 Mac Mini.

Alternately, he has a Wii as well, which supposedly can view photos using it's sdcard reader, but no luck with this so far apparently - is there something about the way the 450d stores images? Same thing happened when I tried to connect his camera directly to my PS3 - nothing, basically.

So, is the DVD burner the best way to go about this, or are there any alternatives?

davidwarren

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
x2 on ATV, I have one, it works great. Alternatively, you could just get a cable to hook your computer up to the tv.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
How is people with PCs supposed to look at their photos with the AppleTV?

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
I thought the 450d came with a video out cable. just connect that to the camera and the composite connection (yellow connector) on the TV and job done. Doesn't need to be a HD connection to view the pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.