Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:01 PM   #1
jableskg
macrumors regular

Itunes wont let me drag songs onto my iPhone

Just got my new iPhone..

I can't drop and drag songs from my music library onto my iPhone for some reason.. Is there a way for iTunes to re-authorize my iPhone to be the default phone??

I think this problem is happening because my friend used my computer last month with his iPhone, and transferred some music from my library. Could that be the case and if so what are my options?
jableskg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Tallest Skil
Banned

No. You can't do that. You must sync.
Tallest Skil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:04 PM   #3
stevehp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jableskg View Post
Just got my new iPhone..

I can't drop and drag songs from my music library onto my iPhone for some reason.. Is there a way for iTunes to re-authorize my iPhone to be the default phone??

I think this problem is happening because my friend used my computer last month with his iPhone, and transferred some music from my library. Could that be the case and if so what are my options?
you need to sync playlists or your entire library...You cant drag and drop a la iPod
16GB WiFi/3G iPad 2
stevehp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:07 PM   #4
jableskg
macrumors regular

Oh ok.. Thanks for your help
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:53 PM   #5
hoffmant
macrumors member

I can drag my music to the phone just like my iPods. Just check the "Manually manage music and videos" box under the "Summary" tab for your phone in iTunes first.
hoffmant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:53 PM   #6
jazzguitar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehp View Post
you need to sync playlists or your entire library...You cant drag and drop a la iPod
Nope. I drag my music into my iPhone "a la iPod." All you have to do is select the "manually manage music and video" box on the Summary Tab in iTunes. It ain't rocket surgery.
jazzguitar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:38 AM   #7
jableskg
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguitar View Post
Nope. I drag my music into my iPhone "a la iPod." All you have to do is select the "manually manage music and video" box on the Summary Tab in iTunes. It ain't rocket surgery.
Cool now its working!

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 03:15 PM   #8
jack77
macrumors newbie

I have the manual manage music box checked and have previously draged and dropped music to my iphone but for some reason it not longer work. Any ideas?
jack77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting