Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hey everyone, what high scores do you have for iPhone Texas Hold'em?

My current statistics are:

Winnings: $35,500
Biggest Pot Won: $15,800
Best Hand: Straight Flush (3 through 7 of hearts)
Games Played: 76
1st Place: 17%
2nd Place: 9%
3rd Place: 3%

My biggest win so far is a 2nd place at Ice Bar, which won me $30,000.

My favorite hand so far is a 4 of a kind Aces that I got on the final table with 2 of my opponents all in.

texasholdemwf9.jpg

Has anyone gotten to or won at Dubai yet? :)

doobs

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
My statistics are pretty low, but this raises the issue (obviously) of easily comparing stats. They should add network connectivity that allows you to upload and compare your stats to others. This would be a nice additional feature for the game.

deccoo

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
London, UK
Has anyone gotten to or won at Dubai yet? :)

Got to Dubai and came third. No screen shot as did it on my 1st Gen which I uninstalled all the apps when I gave it to my sister.

Does anyone actually play the game in portrait mode. I find it far too slow and prefer just to go with some overhead action? I know I am missing out on the tells but you can get quite a good feel for when they are bluffing anyway.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Got to Dubai and came third. No screen shot as did it on my 1st Gen which I uninstalled all the apps when I gave it to my sister.

Does anyone actually play the game in portrait mode. I find it far too slow and prefer just to go with some overhead action? I know I am missing out on the tells but you can get quite a good feel for when they are bluffing anyway.

I play in Portrait mode because it just seems more fun/realistic. You can tap the screen to speed up things if you want.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I prefer to play with the overhead view as well. Here is a screen shot of my statistics. I just got the game late last night.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 124

DSimmer

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
A conservative style seems to be quite successful. My winnings aren't huge but finishing in the top 3 45% of the time isn't so bad. Currently playing Istanbul.

Attachments

• Texas Holdem'.png
    Texas Holdem'.png
    177 KB · Views: 137

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
stupid question - how do you get a screen shot and save it?
Press the home button and the sleep button at the same time, then quickly release them. That will save a picture to your photos section. Then, you can email the picture to yourself.

ashVID

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Scores dont really mean much in this game. It has, by a large margin, the worst AI I have ever seen in a poker game. It is 100% luck. The computer folds, raises or calls in a fairly arbitrary way. It seems to bet based on what it KNOWS is coming, not based on the odds at the time. You raise 5X the big blind with AK suited and get raised all in by a computer opponent with 73 off. The cards come 73J73. This happens regularly. You will also see the computer fold at weird times as well.

To me, it is a fun idea but the AI is so bad that this game has nothing to do with poker other than helping you learn the rules. As an actual game, it is terrible.

ash =o)

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
I haven't noticed any of that kind of cheating going on, but I agree that the AI isn't that great. On the other hand, the AI is better suited to my level than a super-AI that would beat me every time.

In other news, I lost a bunch in a row and now I'm down to $30k. :(

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008

This game was available on the 1st gen iPhone?? Where is it? The only hold'em game I see for Installer is THTouch.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Just won at Ice Bar. I got excited when I won the first table because I didn't know that there was more than one table. Oh well I ended up winning anyway. This is my favorite app that I've downloaded so far I love it.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 102
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 90

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
I'm just crushing these games now, the AI is very easy to play against once you learn how each player plays.

Although, they do get lucky sometimes and leave you bummed about a bad beat. Im winning at a 20% clip, aint bad considering my winnings. :D

ef13d06d.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.