Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
I just upgraded to 2.0.2 yesterday and now I get the error "the application HoldEm cannot be opened," when I try to click on it. Anyone else have this problem?

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
It is almost impossible to lose heads up. If they bet any amount larger than the blinds but less than all in, raise them all in and 99% of the time they will fold.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Here is my scores so far: I just started playing Dubai like 6 games ago...pretty easy. Should have around 50M winnings within 80 games:rolleyes:

41% in-the-money as well :)

Attachments

• holdem.jpg
    holdem.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 100

drixproduction

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Double Dubai winner

I just won Dubai twice, I have 2,578,750 in winnings biggest pot 24,000

Best hand straight flush. How do you screen shot the results?

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

hold the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. You'll see a White flash. The photo will appear in your camera roll.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
Is this the best texas hold em app on the store at the moment?

By far.

I'm bummed about my score. I had over 400k and was close to trying the last table. Then I had to wipe my phone and lost my data, so I had to start over. Haven't played it much since then...

mcw120

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Broke 100m, going to quit until there is an update

I wanted to see what would happen if you broke 100 million. Nothing happened. Until Apple releases an update that adds new levels to the game, I am done for now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 81

ashVID

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
They dont need to update the levels, they need to update either the AI or an option to play with others outside your own network. Like I keep saying, this game has very little to do with actual poker as far as the play is concerned.

ash =o)

ScottYelich

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
working

I'm planning to make a TH game.. it will have AI based on odds + personalities.

I won't make Polaris... but it should be better than the *CRAZY* AI that's in this game.

Scott

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
thats some serious cash. how do you cash out?
In the Applications section of iTunes, right click on the Texas Hold'em application and there should be an option for "Cash Out." It will prompt you for a mailing address, then Apple will mail you a check for the amount of your winnings within 1-2 weeks. :rolleyes:

senorian

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
I'm planning to make a TH game.. it will have AI based on odds + personalities.

I won't make Polaris... but it should be better than the *CRAZY* AI that's in this game.

Scott

I'm dying for a really good Texas Hold'em game. This one has been fun but the AI is not that great. Are you planning on having some kind of career mode? I'm really surprised there are so few Texas Hold'em apps available.

mcw120

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Is there any way to update without losing score?

Has anyone found a way to not lose you score?

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Have you noticed the faces it'll make if you swipe up, down, left, right, or diagonal? I guess this was the gesture thing added in the update.

mcw120

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
gillybean: Did you update on the phone or update though iTunes. I haven't updated yet, because I don't want to start all over again. Thanks.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
gillybean: Did you update on the phone or update though iTunes. I haven't updated yet, because I don't want to start all over again. Thanks.
I updated through iTunes. I had a problem when I was updating though. The first time I did it, iTunes said that some problem occurred. So, I tried again and it worked. But maybe that problem is what cost me my data, if some other people report being able to upgrade without losing their data.

The updated version doesn't seem that much better than the original. By "improved statistics tracking" they just mean that now it keeps track of your multiplayer high score too. I don't play multiplayer since there's nobody here to play with locally, so I haven't touched that aspect. Also, after 17 games I haven't quite figured out what the gesture updates are and what they do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.