Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:18 AM   #1
NiroshanMan
macrumors 6502

Bought an app on iPhone move it onto iTunes?

So i bought an app on my iPhone, how do i move it onto my iTunes library? Because what happens if accidently delete the app on my iPhone is there a way of retrieving the app without paying again? Does this go for music and movies too?
NiroshanMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:21 AM   #2
PoitNarf
macrumors 65816

Sync your iPhone with iTunes and it will give you a prompt about apps being installed on the iPhone that don't exist in iTunes. Click transfer and it will copy the app from the iPhone to iTunes.

The same goes for purchases from the iTunes store on the iPhone itself.
PoitNarf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:27 AM   #3
NiroshanMan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoitNarf View Post
Sync your iPhone with iTunes and it will give you a prompt about apps being installed on the iPhone that don't exist in iTunes. Click transfer and it will copy the app from the iPhone to iTunes.

The same goes for purchases from the iTunes store on the iPhone itself.
What if i deleted a song i bought on iTunes is there any way to get it back since i already bought it?
NiroshanMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:28 AM   #4
soberbrain
macrumors 65816

If it doesn't automatically sync after you plug in the iPhone, select the iPhone under Devices and click File -> Transfer Purchases
soberbrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:30 PM   #5
phzimm
macrumors newbie

Solved

SOLVED...

Sorry for digging up this old post, but it applies to my problem. I've been unable to get apps purchased via my iPhone to sync up with iTunes. I've tried to Transfer Purchases and syncing applications under the applications tab for my device. I've also tried this on two different PCs, both having the same result. I see the applications installed on my phone (3Gs/3.1.2) but no apps are listed in the list on the left and no amount of syncing, attempting to delete apps, etc. has helped.

Edit: OK, so I just now bought an app through iTunes app store and it shows up in my applications list, but the ones purchased via the phone still do not show up in the list.

Edit 2: When trying to move the newly purchased app to my iPhone from iTunes it warned me about not being on an authorized computer. Authorized and all apps transferred over.

Last edited by phzimm; Oct 20, 2009 at 04:41 PM.
phzimm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting