Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:10 PM   #1
oneschance
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to oneschance
I would like to import Tmobile sim contacts

i have the 3G.
i started a new ATT account with a new number. i am trying to avoid manual imput of all my tmobile sim contacts. i do not have mobile phone tools for my old phone and a lot of my contacts are not on my PC to be synced.

are there any issues with temporarily putting my still activated tmobile sim in my 3G only to import my contacts?
oneschance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:14 PM   #2
theunlocker
macrumors member

It was easy for me! I popped in my T-Mobile sim and then went into settings and Mail,contacts. Then go down and it says import sim contacts. easy as that
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:18 PM   #3
dave006
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneschance View Post
i have the 3G.
i started a new ATT account with a new number. i am trying to avoid manual imput of all my tmobile sim contacts. i do not have mobile phone tools for my old phone and a lot of my contacts are not on my PC to be synced.

are there any issues with temporarily putting my still activated tmobile sim in my 3G only to import my contacts?
It depends on how you have your contacts stored on your SIM. When transferring contacts from SIM card to iPhone 3G, only the first number listed for each contact will be transferred to the new device. If any secondary numbers are listed under a contact they will not be transferred.
dave006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:20 PM   #4
theunlocker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave006 View Post
It depends on how you have your contacts stored on your SIM. When transferring contacts from SIM card to iPhone 3G, only the first number listed for each contact will be transferred to the new device. If any secondary numbers are listed under a contact they will not be transferred.
Yes he's right when I transfered my contacts it didn't transfer the contacts home number (secondary for me) so it's sorta a bummer. AT&T said they would transfer your T-mobile contacts to your iPhone with no problem.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:21 PM   #5
kidwithdimples
macrumors 6502a

I used SimPort to import all my contacts from my T-Mobile SIM.
kidwithdimples is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:33 PM   #6
oneschance
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to oneschance
thanks guys.

and my 3G will not need restoring? or anything hazardous to my ATT rules and regulations will happen?
oneschance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:36 PM   #7
skubish
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneschance View Post
i have the 3G.

If you have a tmobile phone with bluetooth you could sync it with Contacts in OSX using isync and then those contacts will sync over to the iPhone. This is how to do it for a Mac. I am sure there is a way to do the same on a PC (provided your old phone has bluetooth)
iPod Nano 8GB Blue
skubish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:20 AM   #8
vikitec
macrumors newbie

My Experience

I have a 3G. I had a T-Mobile SGH-T509s.
I popped in the tmobile SIM card, then tapped iphone 'Import SIM contacts'.
It didn't work. All of my contacts which were on my tmobile SIM card didn't
get imported to my iPhone. However, It finally got imported to the iPhone.
Here is what I did:
1. Went to tmobile store, backed up all of my contacts on tmobile SIM card to a USB flash driver.
2. Convert the backup file .ppb file to .csv file.
3. Run outlook to import the csv file to its 'Contacts'.
4. Connect iphone to the laptop.
5. Run iTune to synch the iphone 'Contacts' with the Outlook 'Contacts'
6. Disconnect iPhone from laptop, find all of my contacts on tmobile are now copied over to my iPhone!
vikitec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:40 AM   #9
johnwijn
macrumors newbie

Using bluetooth

I got my old phone with sim contacts talking to my Mac with bluetooth..they connnect ...then tried to send my contacts from old phone sim to Mac via bluetooth ..seemed very logical but nothing happened....will probably go to the store and get them to do it...
johnwijn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:19 PM   #10
haveaname
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwithdimples View Post
I used SimPort to import all my contacts from my T-Mobile SIM.
Don't need to use any app for that check the method http://www.trickyways.com/2010/09/ho...s-to-iphone-4/
haveaname is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone