Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Apple has added a new section to iTunes connect that lets you view the daily/weekly sales data for your apps! So far only the last few days are available, but it's still pretty cool!

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
The numbers look pretty good...unfortunately the report only goes back 3 days so we can't see what weekend trends are like. Of course that will change as more time passes. Well done Apple. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
I think for most people with reasonable expectations, the numbers are going to look better than they expected. Of course the $1,000,000 question is what will the numbers look like 6 months or a year from now.

jshmrsn

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
I'm not sure I really understand the reports. Some of the customer prices are 0. Are these updates? (my app is not free)
I also have one listing that says -1 units sold with -revenue. Was that some sort of refund Apple gave without my notification?

SwampThingTom

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Fairfax, VA
I'm not sure I really understand the reports. Some of the customer prices are 0. Are these updates? (my app is not free)
I also have one listing that says -1 units sold with -revenue. Was that some sort of refund Apple gave without my notification?

Apple can answer those questions better than we can:

itunesondemand@apple.com

But note the disclaimer at the top of the transaction reports:

"Transaction reports are for directional purposes only and should not be considered or used as official financial records."

My assumption is the transaction reports are unaudited raw data that should be used to get a general idea of downloads and help spot trends. The financial reports should be audited and more accurate.

Tom

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
"Units" is how many were downloaded, correct? So if I had 50 units total through all countries that would mean 50 downloads, right?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005

Yes, those are updates. They should have a Product Type ID of 7. The refunds are more likely for people who were double charged or weird things like that. Generally I don't think Apple gives refunds for iTunes purchases.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Yes, those are updates. They should have a Product Type ID of 7. The refunds are more likely for people who were double charged or weird things like that. Generally I don't think Apple gives refunds for iTunes purchases.

Yeah fraud or system error.

kcjones

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Royalty Price

Hey guys.... I would like to know what the "Royalty Price" column is on the "Sales/Trend Reports" section of iTunes connect. It seems to be the 70% of the share of the application, but in USD its less than 10%.

What does it say on yours?

I tried emailing iTunes ondemand but they didnt get back to me.

Thanks!

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Hey guys.... I would like to know what the "Royalty Price" column is on the "Sales/Trend Reports" section of iTunes connect. It seems to be the 70% of the share of the application, but in USD its less than 10%.

Be careful. The “Customer Currency” and the “Royalty Currency” are not always the same.

Also for other countries beside the US, the royalty rate is not always 70%.

jakerrz

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2008
When do they update?

Does anyone know about what time of day the new reports get posted. My app posted over 24 hours ago but still no reports generated, and I'm tired of checking every couple of hours. Are we looking at 12:00 midnight Cupertino time? Or something else? Thanks for any info you can provide this impatient guy. :D

CarlosH

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Does anyone know about what time of day the new reports get posted. My app posted over 24 hours ago but still no reports generated, and I'm tired of checking every couple of hours. Are we looking at 12:00 midnight Cupertino time? Or something else? Thanks for any info you can provide this impatient guy. :D

In my case, it's like 2am. I am gmt-6

GabeJ

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2007
wait so....

wait so if my report says there were 25 units and my app is .99

does that mean 25 people bought it? giving me around 17 bucks?

captcanuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
Timeframe?

Anyone who signed up recently and posted an app recently have a timeframe of when their "Sales/Trends Report" item showed up in iTunes Connect? I'm going on 5 days since app launch and nothing.

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Anyone who signed up recently and posted an app recently have a timeframe of when their "Sales/Trends Report" item showed up in iTunes Connect? I'm going on 5 days since app launch and nothing.

Sales reports showed up immediately giving a daily summary of 50. No idea what other types of report are available, I only get 'Summary'.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008

YOu need to email them and tell them they aren't showing up. I had the same problem, and they emailed back right away and added it to my itunesconnect. For some reason it's not on by default for some people.

captcanuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
YOu need to email them and tell them they aren't showing up. I had the same problem, and they emailed back right away and added it to my itunesconnect. For some reason it's not on by default for some people.

I e-mailed them but go no response (it has been 5 days).

Nottooshabby:
Which e-mail address did you e-mail them at or what address did they respond from? Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.