Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Sumtime19
macrumors member

How do you upload pictures taken from the iPhone to the computer?

I would like to take pictures of items I'm selling on ebay with my phone, how would I do this?
Sumtime19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:59 PM   #2
atluten
macrumors 6502

Take the pictures with the phone and then connect it to your computer. Your computer should recognize the phone as a camera and prompt you to select a photo program if you're using Windows or iPhoto if you're using a Mac. Cheers.
atluten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:01 PM   #3
Excellerator
macrumors 6502a

Another thing is to simply email it to yourself.
Excellerator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:06 PM   #4
aross99
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellerator View Post
Another thing is to simply email it to yourself.
E-mailing photos gives you only smaller low-res copies of the image. You also have to e-mail one at a time. It is better to pull them directly from the computer.

If you have a Mac, they load right into iPhoto. Not sure if you have a Windows PC. I assume it shows up like any other Camera would...

I use my iPhone's camera much more than I ever used any Cell Phone camera, just because it is so easy to pull the images into iPhoto...
aross99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Excellerator
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aross99 View Post
E-mailing photos gives you only smaller low-res copies of the image. You also have to e-mail one at a time. It is better to pull them directly from the computer.

If you have a Mac, they load right into iPhoto. Not sure if you have a Windows PC. I assume it shows up like any other Camera would....
I didn't realize that it lowered the resolution for email. I haven't used the camera much myself as its no comparison to my DSLRs.

I just checked, and yes you are correct it shows up like a standard digital camera would with a DCIM folder in Windows.
Excellerator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:03 PM   #6
laffs1
macrumors newbie

Cannot upload photos from iPhone

When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook, it automatically syncs. However, it never uploads the photos from the camera to iPhoto. Can anyone help me do this???
laffs1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:04 PM   #7
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffs1 View Post
When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook, it automatically syncs. However, it never uploads the photos from the camera to iPhoto. Can anyone help me do this???
do you open iphoto?

opne iphoto then import the pictures
dukebound85 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:24 PM   #8
Shark131
macrumors member

Picasa!
Shark131 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2009, 02:28 PM   #9
laffs1
macrumors newbie

It worked! Thanks!!!
laffs1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting