Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
CNet provides from notes from the Moscone Center -- the location of the 2004 MacWorld San Francisco Expo:
Security during set-up for the show is tight, as always, with Apple's booth obscured by a huge black tarp on all sides. Posted at the main entrance are two rather generic banners for the iPod. Tucked neatly behind each of the 15-foot banners, however, is another banner that is rolled up and whose contents are obscured from view, presumably a banner containing details of at least some of what Jobs has up his sleeve.
Despite the security, at least one person claims to have seen part of the floor with a report that Microsoft has banners and materials for Microsoft Office 2004 and Virtual PC 7.0. Also noted are a series of Macs dating back to the original Macintosh... perhaps in celebration of the Macintosh's 20th anniversary. While this can not be confirmed, similar information is echoed by 4osx.com

Dr. Srinidhi Varadarajan -- of Virginia Tech/'Big Mac' fame has also been sighted in one of hotels and will reportedly be speaking at the MacWorld Expo Keynote, according to one anonymous tipster.

Meanwhile, MacCityNet.it offers a photo gallery from Saturday and Sunday in and around the Moscone Center along with some scenic San Francisco shots

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
OMG OMG OMG!!!

I want to see pics of that long line of Macs, impressive it must be.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Seems like just some more confirmation of VPC 7 and Office. Soudns like a mini-iPod banner.....:) :) :)

counting the hours....

jZilla

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2003
London
I refuse to believe ANY PC luser gets this hyped about anything to do with their machine.

It's why I'd hate to see the entire world use Apple.

I admit it, I like being "unique" bar the like-minds that have the good sense to go Mac.

As long as my dual 2ghz G5 isn't announced as outdated and overpriced I'll be happy ;-)

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
With the rumors of old macs being there i cant but think that they will introduce a new Mac, maybe the New Macintosh a consumer oriented mac but not all in one like imac but a consumer powermac G5 if you will that can do it all, Music,Tv,Net,Video,Gaming,Computing and more. We have been hoping for this for a long time. This is what iam hoping for. mini ipods are nice but nothing to get excited about, a G5 xserve again thats nice too but again nothing to get excited about because we know thats the next step for the Xserve. Faster G5 powermacs , well we know they are around the corner. I hope im not wrong but my guess is a all new model of computer that will be for the highend consumer that will have the power and expansion to do it all. Maybe this is just a dream but i hope not.

skymac

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2003
Toronto,On
Its septembre 15 all over again, that being the first apple event i ever truly looked forward to. Damn i dont want to go to school tommorow. Ah well i'll be able to watch the keynote when i get home.But still. I can't wait to see what steve has up his sleeve.

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2003
NOPE

I really have no use for a mini ipod, I REALLLLY hope that we see updated regular ipods. A huge update would be nice on them. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CANT WAITTTTTT!!!!!!

g4pismo

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Atlanta
mmm.. mini ipod .. I am quite curious on the vpc performance on the g5 .. i won't be able to sleep

skymac

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2003
Toronto,On
Although i have no use for a mini ipod since i've got a ten GB. I dont dee massive iPod in general updates however more built in stuff would be nice(ie built in voice recorder fm trensmitter/receiver but i dont think that will happen for a wile.In reality my biggest hope is for the longshot wich i hink is the PM g5 updates, i hope those can happen soon so my dad can get of my PB

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2003
SMILEY FACE

what is that picture of the blue smiley face on the mac minute photos??? a new happy mac????

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
breath in, breath out -- it's just a tool

Getting so hyped will only lead to depression when the real announcements fall short of the fantasies....

The reason we "PC people" don't get so worked up is that the machine is just a tool, just a part of our lives. Our self-identity is with other parts of our lives (work, hobbies, sports, family) - it's not tied up with a "brand-name experience" with the company that manufactured our computer (or, like Apple, assembled our computer out of commodity and 3rd party parts).

I'm thinking of an upgrade for my home PC, and I'm looking forward to Prescott. I don't need to take drugs to sleep while I'm waiting, though!

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
Re: Notes From the Expo Floor...

Originally posted by Macrumors

Dr. Srinidhi Varadarajan has also been sited in one of hotels
sited eh?
sighted? seen?:D

ooh i can't wait.. too bad i'm in physics class tomorrow when the stevenote starts.:mad:

i admit im new to apple, got my powerbook in august of 02. i was into computers before, but nothing like this. I've been freakin out for the past 2 weeks about this keynote, ive watched all of the events posted on apple's website, i cant sleep, im saving up money, and i dont even know what is going to be released, but i know im gonna want one. i live to hear steve speak, i cant wait for the part about the big mac (i go to virginia tech and helped build it...talk about cool!!!!!!)

and i agree, I LIKE BEING A MINORITY. sure, i want apple to prosper and have increased market share, but i like fighting the good fight (might have something to do with being a hippie and subscribing to The Nation) but i dont want every windows freak to turn to apple, it would ruin some of the mistique, it would turn something exotic like a Lotus into a run of the mill pinto (talking about the OS here, not proc. speed). and i like making windows people eat their words. and people who's generic arguement is "apple sucks" i like to see them play with my ipod and be speechless. i wont get the same enjoyment if apple were the majority

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Re: breath in, breath out -- it's just a tool

Originally posted by AidenShaw
Getting so hyped will only lead to depression when the real announcements fall short of the fantasies....

The reason we "PC people" don't get so worked up is that the machine is just a tool, just a part of our lives. Our self-identity is with other parts of our lives (work, hobbies, sports, family) - it's not tied up with a "brand-name experience" with the company that manufactured our computer (or, like Apple, assembled our computer out of commodity and 3rd party parts).

I'm thinking of an upgrade for my home PC, and I'm looking forward to Prescott. I don't need to take drugs to sleep while I'm waiting, though!
Pc's suck sorry, no wonder you cant get excited, there isnt much to get excited about when your running Microcrap on Dell cheapo garbage. Macs are more then just a machine they have a heart and soul something you will never get out of Dell, Gateway, or the others that try to run microsuck software. Just look at the materials they make Pc's out of? ive seen better plastic from 7up bottles. you are barking up the wrong tree in the wrong place.

mackaikai

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2003
Re: Re: Notes From the Expo Floor...

Originally posted by x86isslow
sited eh?
sighted? seen?:D

ooh i can't wait.. too bad i'm in physics class tomorrow when the stevenote starts.:mad:

that's what 'ditching' is for ;o

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Re: breath in, breath out -- it's just a tool

Originally posted by AidenShaw
The reason we "PC people" don't get so worked up is that the machine is just a tool, just a part of our lives.
This is the biggest bunch of crock I've ever heard. What about all the Linux geeks, over-clockers, home-built-pc-gurus, and "My-PC-Does-2000-Frames-Per-Second" video game junkies? There's just as much overblown hype and false worship on the PC side. This is a rumors forum. This does not represent the great majority of Mac users. Please people, get a life. Get some perspective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.