Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodfellaNW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
If you haven't received this yet, you should soon, hopefully.

Kudos to Apple. They could have easily stopped at 30 days. This was unexpected, at least for me.

60days.png

elcid

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2007
90 days free....I'll take it.

It has worked well since the 2nd week or so for me, so I am not too troubled :)

I also like how one of the hardest emails to read on an iphone came from apple.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
About time… Except I still haven't gotten it yet nor have they fixed my domain issue. Now it tells me that I didn't add a TLD instead of saying it doesn't exist.

EDIT: I only got 30 days. w/e

goodfellaNW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
About time… Except I still haven't gotten it yet nor have they fixed my domain issue. Now it tells me that I didn't add a TLD instead of saying it doesn't exist.

EDIT: I only got 30 days. w/e

Really? Only 30? Was the wording of the email the same?

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Didn't get that email and didn't get an extension. My service is set to expire on October 9th.

The web site is still wicked flaky -- more bugs than a piece of Windows software.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Hey imagine that, the e-mail announcing this went to my mobile Me account and didn't push to my phone. It downloaded it as I opened the mail client on the phone after reading this thread. The fetch didn't even get it. :) Awesome. :rolleyes: Oh and my date of expiration has not changed. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun!

profetto

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Didn't get that email and didn't get an extension. My service is set to expire on October 9th.

The web site is still wicked flaky -- more bugs than a piece of Windows software.

Probably only a matter of time before we all get the golden ticket into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!!! I mean email.

cyberbolt

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
Just got the email. This is pretty good of Apple, although they had to do something, considering how unstable the service has been.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Provides 60 Day Extension to All MobileMe Subscribers

Apple has sent out emails to MobileMe subscribers tonight revealing that they are extending all MobileMe subscriber accounts by 60 additional days:
We have already made many improvements to MobileMe, but we still have many more to make. To recognize our users' patience, we are giving every MobileMe subscriber as of today a free 60 day extension. This is in addition to the one month extension most subscribers have already received. We are working very hard to make MobileMe a great service we can all be proud of. We know that MobileMe's launch has not been our finest hour, and we truly appreciate your patience as we turn this around. Read this article for more details.

The MobileMe Team
Eligible individuals are those with an active MobileMe account as of August 19, 2008 at 0:00 Pacific Daylight Time. As well, customers with an active free trial as of August 19, 2008 at 0:00 Pacific Daylight Time will also see a 60 day extension to their free trial.

This 60-day extension is in addition to all previously offered extensions. All MobileMe customers were given a free 30 day extension that was announced on July 16th. Some free trial customers affected by billing mistakes were later offered another free 30 day extension.

Article Link

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Wow...
Im sure happy now.. and mobileme only had a couple of issues to me..

60 day original free trial + 30 days free for first mobileme outage + 60 more days for this email = 150 days of free mobileme..

I am one happy camper

spicoli

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2007
Agree.

This will hopefully keep those on the fence from abandoning MobileMe.

A total of 90 days free is nice. :)

+1
I am one of the those on the fence. We are through the first 30 day extension, and I still can't get my work PC to even log in. I was able to log in for the first three weeks (but no calendar sync - contacts OK), then blamo. No log-in. Keep getting the spinning wheel for about 10 seconds, then a dialog box saying "Unable to log in to MobileMe, please try again later." I have decided to leave it alone for a few days (or weeks if needed) until there is some solid information on a solution - checking these forums and Apple discussion groups regularly. The extra 60 days will help with the frustration.... if it gets fixed. I am holding out hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.