Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucasgladding

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
Has anyone else had problems with the page for their app not refreshing on the iTunes Store? I know I have at least one review on most devices, but iTunes and the App Store on my development system and iPod touch do not show it. I would prefer not to buy a new system each time I want to check for reviews ;) . I have looked for a way to manually refresh the page in iTunes, but with no success. If anyone has any input or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect the page is cached on my system, but there could be some server caching playing into the problem.

Thanks again

Luke Gladding

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Congratulations on your app launching by the way, it looks good.
I see one review. Have you tried opening and closing iTunes and seeing if it does anything? I checked, there's nothing in the preferences that seems as if it would clear any cache, so I'm not sure how you would do it.

lucasgladding

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
Congratulations on your app launching by the way, it looks good.
I see one review. Have you tried opening and closing iTunes and seeing if it does anything? I checked, there's nothing in the preferences that seems as if it would clear any cache, so I'm not sure how you would do it.

Thanks for the congratulations.

I have tried opening and closing iTunes, launching iTunes from the phobos URL, refreshing my cache in Safari (in the odd chance that the cache was shared across WebKit), all without any success. Thanks for checking for reviews (I didn't want to spam this list with the app link but figured someone would probably follow my signature to find it).

If I do find a solution, I will be sure to post it here. It's hard to believe that no one else has encountered the problem.

Thanks again

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Have you checked if this is a short term problem, or does it persist over time? It would be very weird if your system and your iPhone never updated themselves to check if new information is available. Maybe it just doesn't do it often.

lucasgladding

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
Have you checked if this is a short term problem, or does it persist over time? It would be very weird if your system and your iPhone never updated themselves to check if new information is available. Maybe it just doesn't do it often.

It's been at least 4 days since the review ( not commenting on the note attached to it :) ) was posted and still nothing on my desktop system or iPod touch.

BTW: I checked out your site. I had been looking for a list of sites that publish releases and reviews for iPhone apps. Thanks again.

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Thanks. I'll try update it in a few weeks, new ones are popping up all the time.

On your developer machine in iTunes, try going to your app's page, then clicking on your app's name again in the iTunes navigation at the top.

xsmasher

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
Reviews are stored separately for each Country.

Thanks. I'll try update it in a few weeks, new ones are popping up all the time.

On your developer machine in iTunes, try going to your app's page, then clicking on your app's name again in the iTunes navigation at the top.

Reviews are stored separately for each Country. Lucas, I bet you have one (or more now) reviews in the US store, but none in the Canadian store. Got to the iTunes home page and used the dropdown at the bottom of the page to switch to other countries, and see the reviews left in that country.

lucasgladding

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
Reviews are stored separately for each Country. Lucas, I bet you have one (or more now) reviews in the US store, but none in the Canadian store. Got to the iTunes home page and used the dropdown at the bottom of the page to switch to other countries, and see the reviews left in that country.

Thanks for the tip. I did realize this was the problem after discovering that everyone congratulating me on new reviews was not on the same store as myself. How embarrassing :). I just noticed your post today, sorry for the late reply.

To anyone else interested, there is a perl script from Erica from TUAW that scrapes all the stores and presents the results on one page.

http://blogs.oreilly.com/iphone/2008/08/scraping-appstore-reviews.html

Thanks again.

Luke

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.