Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1
sujithkrishnan
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to sujithkrishnan
Delay in showing window...

Hi....

In my am ap, i am not using the help of IB...
Moreover my first lines in ApplicationDiidFinishedLaunching are to create a window and set a Imageview. But i noticed that most of the sample apps are behaving in such a way that it is showing the first screen when it "zoomed in" while opening the app.
But for me the app is opening with a black background and showing the image after a small delay...

Is it bcoz i am not using the IBOutlet views???

NOTE: I am not using any xib files, all are manually coded...
sujithkrishnan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:54 AM   #2
robbieduncan

The view you see when the application first launches (the zoom effect) is not a view: it's a static PNG image that you include in the application to give the appearance of an instantaneous launch. The size and name for this image is in the documentation shipped with the SDK. I suggest you take some time to read it.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:04 AM   #3
sujithkrishnan
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to sujithkrishnan
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
The view you see when the application first launches (the zoom effect) is not a view: it's a static PNG image that you include in the application to give the appearance of an instantaneous launch. The size and name for this image is in the documentation shipped with the SDK. I suggest you take some time to read it.
Hope it is Default.png

tnX...
sujithkrishnan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:07 AM   #4
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithkrishnan View Post
Hope it is Default.png

tnX...
From memory it is. I'm at work so not on my Mac right now and can't check. It's in the documentation so if you do a search in the XCode documentation window for Default.png you should be able to check...
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming