Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you shave everything below the neck?

• Yes

Votes: 31 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 191 68.2%
  • Legs only

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Why should I shave?

Votes: 57 20.4%

• Total voters

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I do and I shave everything below the neck (that means legs, arms, chest, private area, etc). It very hygienic to do so and I do not care if somebody is going to say something bad about it or not. I exercise a lot too (running and walking a lot) so shaving helps there too. I also feel more comfortable when fully shaved "below the neck".

Is any one doing this too or am I the only one?

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I think there is already a shaving thread somewhere. I'll post the link if I find it.

Edit: Here is the thread I was talking about.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I think there is already a shaving thread somewhere. I'll post the link if I find it.

But this is more "below the neck" specific kind of shaving thread.

Edit: Also, that thread is old.

By the way, do you shave "below the neck" for some purposes?

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Only down there.

And I do not think that it is wrong to do so. Man's body is just as unique and pleasing as the woman's. There should be nothing to be ashamed of about the human body.
If a man wants to shave, let him. Screw the society standard where "women should only shave there".

That is how I think. Just look at the ancient civilisations (Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, etc). Men shaved their bodies back then.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
EVERYWHERE below the neck? I like a guy with no body hair :D. The swimmer look! (I'm a girl for anyone that didn't know)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
This reminds me of Mittens for some reason.

I know tons of women that are the complete opposite and would like men to have some hair on them. :cool: :D
I thought most women liked the 'hairy-but-trimmed' type of guy?

I used to shave my um, *ahem* Gentlemen's Environs but that's going back many years... I don't shave down there anymore (more of a rough trim with a dull straight-edge...). I never have shaved my chest, pits (arm) or legs and have no desire to do so.

I try to get by with as little shaving as I can. I am naturally very sparse in body hair anyway. More of the oriental look, you could say. It takes me four or five days to get a five o'clock shadow, so I go a couple days without shaving (facial) if I can.

Come now, ladies, your turn: Fess up! ;)

And if you want a laugh, check this out. :D

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I thought most women liked the 'hairy-but-trimmed' type of guy?

Why is there this notion "men should have hair while women do not"?
I sure go against that and I do not find any thing wrong with doing it.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
It's Hygenic to shave? So... it's Un-Hygenic to not shave? :confused:

I'll take the word of couple-million years evolution over yours, no offense.

That said - there is nothing quite like a smooth runway. :D

God I miss her. :(

Reactions: PC_tech

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
^^ Landing Strip, eh?

Why is there this notion "men should have hair while women do not"?
I sure go against that and I do not find any thing wrong with doing it.

I don't get why some guys like their women with no hair. It just strikes me as being a little... well, adolescent-looking. By all means, be hairy.

Be Hairy, Be Happy. Anyone know where I can have a bumper sticker printed?

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
depends on the mood really, sometimes ill shave "down there" but it doesnt really matter, no one else sees it:D

:(

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Okay - the best way I can explain without getting banned from MR...

With a smooth landing strip - feels different. And makes for a new and interesting experience during cunnilingis (sp?).

I have nothing against women who go natural - but trimmed nether regions really roger my hammerstein.

That explain it? :)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Okay - the best way I can explain without getting banned from MR...

With a smooth landing strip - feels different. And makes for a new and interesting experience during cunnilingis (sp?).

I have nothing against women who go natural - but trimmed nether regions really roger my hammerstein.

That explain it? :)
I LOL'ed:D

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I leave hair where it is considered normal to have it; arms, legs, armpits and during hockey playoffs the face. :)

I consider not having hair below the neck "normal" now. I cannot imagine having hair any where below the neck now.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I guess you could say it really Porgys your Bess. You know, really Sonnys your Cher. It really -- I must stop. :D

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
I consider not having hair below the neck "normal" now. I cannot imagine having hair any where below the neck now.

Normal to you but not natural.

I really think this is some ingrained desire for man to seperate ourselves from beast. Perhaps while in our natural hairy state we remind ourselves too much of our relative primates. Whats next, shaving eyebrows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.