Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:41 PM   #1
arykmax
macrumors regular

How do I install winterboard themes?

I have WinSCP open but I do not see any folder that says Themes. Do I make my own folder or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your replies.
arykmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:50 PM   #2
The General
Banned

It's in /Library/Themes
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:55 AM   #3
RxMac
macrumors 6502

No themes folder

under library when ssh?? What am i doing wrong??
RxMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 01:04 AM   #4
The General
Banned

You aren't in the root directory if you don't see a Library folder. You're probably in user directory.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:47 AM   #5
mark1616
macrumors newbie

I know this is really old but I'm hoping you found a solution to the problem as I'm in exactly the same boat. In Library I only have the following folders.

AddressBook
Cookies
Keyboard
Lockdown
Preferences

From what I can see online there should be a lot more, including the all important Themes one....... please help.
mark1616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:40 AM   #6
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1616 View Post
I know this is really old but I'm hoping you found a solution to the problem as I'm in exactly the same boat. In Library I only have the following folders.

AddressBook
Cookies
Keyboard
Lockdown
Preferences
As you have the exact same problem i'm surprised you didn't follow the advice that has already been given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
You aren't in the root directory if you don't see a Library folder. You're probably in user directory.
Quote:
It's in /Library/Themes
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:43 AM   #7
mark1616
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
As you have the exact same problem i'm surprised you didn't follow the advice that has already been given.
Yes, I would have been surprised too if I hadn't followed the advice, but as the list was from what is inside the root - library folder then I would like to know why the themes, ringtones folders are missing and how I get to them.

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:03 AM   #8
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yes, I would have been surprised too if I hadn't followed the advice, but as the list was from what is inside the root - library folder then I would like to know why the themes, ringtones folders are missing and how I get to them.

Thanks
Gosh, i am surprised you STILL haven't followed the advice. Your are NOT in the correct library folder, you are navigating to it incorrectly and there isn't any more advice people can give you.

It is in /library/themes...or like the general put it in the second post
Quote:
It's in /Library/Themes
You are in var/root/library , which is not correct, like /user/library or /mobile/library or any other library folder that isn't /LIBRARY
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:08 AM   #9
mark1616
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Gosh, i am surprised you STILL haven't followed the advice. Your are NOT in the correct library folder, you are navigating to it incorrectly and there isn't any more advice people can give you.

It is in /library/themes...or like the general put it in the second post
You are in var/root/library , which is not correct, like /user/library or /mobile/library or any other library folder that isn't /LIBRARY
Sorry my mistake, thought I had found the right folder but obviously not.

OK getting closer, now have library and there is what seems to be a shortcut to themes but it says "Directory Not Found" when I click on it.

Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:14 AM   #10
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
OK getting closer, now have library and there is what seems to be a shortcut to themes but it says "Directory Not Found" when I click on it.
you have Winterboard installed right? The shorcut takes me to /Var/stash/Themes.ib009 so check there to see if you can see it.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:17 AM   #11
mark1616
macrumors newbie

Quote:
you have Winterboard installed right?;-) The shorcut takes me to /Var/stash/Themes.ib009 so check there to see if you can see it.
Yep, sure do, was able to install from Cydia but wanted some that were not on there.

Sweet, I've got a Themes folder there and can see the other themes. Thanks for taking time to point me in the right direction.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:01 AM   #12
iSky007
macrumors newbie

you can use iSpirit to finish it
iSky007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks