Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:41 PM   #1
arykmax
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
How do I install winterboard themes?

I have WinSCP open but I do not see any folder that says Themes. Do I make my own folder or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your replies.
arykmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:50 PM   #2
The General
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
It's in /Library/Themes
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:55 AM   #3
RxMac
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
No themes folder

under library when ssh?? What am i doing wrong??
RxMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 01:04 AM   #4
The General
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
You aren't in the root directory if you don't see a Library folder. You're probably in user directory.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:47 AM   #5
mark1616
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I know this is really old but I'm hoping you found a solution to the problem as I'm in exactly the same boat. In Library I only have the following folders.

AddressBook
Cookies
Keyboard
Lockdown
Preferences

From what I can see online there should be a lot more, including the all important Themes one....... please help.
mark1616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:40 AM   #6
pixelated
macrumors 6502a
 
pixelated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1616 View Post
I know this is really old but I'm hoping you found a solution to the problem as I'm in exactly the same boat. In Library I only have the following folders.

AddressBook
Cookies
Keyboard
Lockdown
Preferences
As you have the exact same problem i'm surprised you didn't follow the advice that has already been given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
You aren't in the root directory if you don't see a Library folder. You're probably in user directory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It's in /Library/Themes
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:43 AM   #7
mark1616
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
As you have the exact same problem i'm surprised you didn't follow the advice that has already been given.
Yes, I would have been surprised too if I hadn't followed the advice, but as the list was from what is inside the root - library folder then I would like to know why the themes, ringtones folders are missing and how I get to them.

Thanks
mark1616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:03 AM   #8
pixelated
macrumors 6502a
 
pixelated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1616 View Post
Yes, I would have been surprised too if I hadn't followed the advice, but as the list was from what is inside the root - library folder then I would like to know why the themes, ringtones folders are missing and how I get to them.

Thanks
Gosh, i am surprised you STILL haven't followed the advice. Your are NOT in the correct library folder, you are navigating to it incorrectly and there isn't any more advice people can give you.

It is in /library/themes...or like the general put it in the second post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It's in /Library/Themes
You are in var/root/library , which is not correct, like /user/library or /mobile/library or any other library folder that isn't /LIBRARY
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:08 AM   #9
mark1616
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
Gosh, i am surprised you STILL haven't followed the advice. Your are NOT in the correct library folder, you are navigating to it incorrectly and there isn't any more advice people can give you.

It is in /library/themes...or like the general put it in the second post
You are in var/root/library , which is not correct, like /user/library or /mobile/library or any other library folder that isn't /LIBRARY
Sorry my mistake, thought I had found the right folder but obviously not.

OK getting closer, now have library and there is what seems to be a shortcut to themes but it says "Directory Not Found" when I click on it.

Thanks for the help.
mark1616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:14 AM   #10
pixelated
macrumors 6502a
 
pixelated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1616 View Post
OK getting closer, now have library and there is what seems to be a shortcut to themes but it says "Directory Not Found" when I click on it.
you have Winterboard installed right? The shorcut takes me to /Var/stash/Themes.ib009 so check there to see if you can see it.
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:17 AM   #11
mark1616
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
you have Winterboard installed right?;-) The shorcut takes me to /Var/stash/Themes.ib009 so check there to see if you can see it.
Yep, sure do, was able to install from Cydia but wanted some that were not on there.

Sweet, I've got a Themes folder there and can see the other themes. Thanks for taking time to point me in the right direction.
mark1616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:01 AM   #12
iSky007
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
you can use iSpirit to finish it
iSky007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Does any winterboard themes work? A7 Hgjybrandon123 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 4 Jan 4, 2014 08:25 PM
iPhone: Check out my Winterboard themes bajajrocks Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Aug 19, 2012 07:02 PM
What winterboard themes are you using? Dima470 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Jul 31, 2012 09:40 PM
iPad: ipad themes-winterboard hypertc13 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 8 Jun 10, 2012 07:13 PM
ipad themes-winterboard hypertc13 iPad 0 Jun 10, 2012 10:50 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC