Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Ok..so I am assuming...a shuffle (maybe refurbished) would make most sense snowboarding....but I would like to know from those who have done/do this...are there any problems that I should be prepared for? I.e. wont work in cold...headphones wont work...etc...

psg0

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2008
I've found that the battery life takes a huge dip in near zero-degree weather, but the Shuffle is definitely the best (and safest) route.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Cold = bad for batteries so get one that's not too expensive.

On a personal note, make sure you can still hear stuff around you because if you combine a blind heel side with no ability to hear you're going to be a bit dangerous.

sparky1499

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
Glasgow, UK
or better still,

take up skiing!!!

Seriously though...when i'm out a find keeping my 1st gen nano in my chest pocket, metal side to my chest for heat transfer

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
whenever i snowboard by myself, i use my 2G nano - put it in your first layer chest pocket on shuffle and you're golden, no battery/cold issues. I only have one earphone in so I can still hear whats going on around me.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
For skiing I use my silver Shuffle. I clip it on the outside of my jacket. Makes it easy to push the controls with my glove on. Never had a problem with battery life or function, even after a big spill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.