Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:16 PM   #1
slinky1
macrumors member

Baldurs Gate II Shadows OF Amn

What is the game like as an RPG.Does it run well on a Mac.Any frame speed issues and are the quality of graphics good.Read a couple of reviews which were mixed.Need some advice.MacBook Pro 2G dual Core
slinky1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 12:03 AM   #2
JeffTL
macrumors 6502a

It's a fascinating game -- very engrossing and replayable, and great plot. I haven't tried the Mac version, but I run the Windows version under Vista on my MacBook Pro to great effect.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 04:05 AM   #3
Miharu
macrumors 6502

It's a great RPG, but the Mac version is ancient and is made to run on OS 9, and it's very buggy in OS X, probably won't even work with Leopard. But there is an unofficial homemade Cider port of it that works extremely well. I can't link to it so you'll have to find it yourself.
Miharu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:01 AM   #4
txa1265
macrumors 6502a

It is worth getting to work - it is absolutely in the Top 10 games of all time, and certainly one of the best RPG's ever. I have had it working on Tiger on a 1st gen Macbook Pro, but haven't reinstalled on my current new MBP.
txa1265 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 06:13 PM   #5
haze
macrumors regular

I play it on a MBP. BGTutu, also. I am running Leopard. It has less issues on Windows, but very much playable in Leopard. There is one major glitch. When you first install and play your first game it will crash when saving. It tries to create a temp folder, but creates a temp file. Just delete the file and create a folder.
haze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:49 PM   #6
James L
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze View Post
I play it on a MBP. BGTutu, also. I am running Leopard. It has less issues on Windows, but very much playable in Leopard. There is one major glitch. When you first install and play your first game it will crash when saving. It tries to create a temp folder, but creates a temp file. Just delete the file and create a folder.
Never Winter Nights is another excellent one.
James L is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games