Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Hello,

My father was recently in Canada and bought my brother a new Nano. When he brought it home my brother upon opening it discovered a noticeable nic on the casing in the top left corner of the iPod.

Does anyone have experience with these types of issues? He fells kind of screwed because it has to be returned to the Apple Store from the receipt. Will AppleCare handle this or did he just draw the short straw?

-PT

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Hello,

My father was recently in Canada and bought my brother a new Nano. When he brought it home my brother upon opening it discovered a noticeable nic on the casing in the top left corner of the iPod.

Does anyone have experience with these types of issues? He fells kind of screwed because it has to be returned to the Apple Store from the receipt. Will AppleCare handle this or did he just draw the short straw?

-PT
Applecare is international so you should be covered. Just call them up and they can give you instructions as to what to do.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Applecare is international so you should be covered. Just call them up and they can give you instructions as to what to do.

Okay thanks. My brother, bear in mind hes fairly young, told me it could only be returned in Canada, which isn't too big a problem as he may have a chance soon. But, as always, the quicker the problem is solved, the better.

Thanks for yall's help.

dftz3: I suppose you could try getting a life.

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Okay thanks. My brother, bear in mind hes fairly young, told me it could only be returned in Canada, which isn't too big a problem as he may have a chance soon. But, as always, the quicker the problem is solved, the better.

Thanks for yall's help.

I would tell your brother to not connect the iPod to the computer, not lifting the accessories out of the box and just in general keep everything wrapped. It minimize the chance that Apple may say that he dropped it, therefore making it an accidental damage.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for yall's help.

To be on the safe side. I would try and get it in before the 14 day return date. It should not matter what Apple store you bring it to. Getting in within the 14 may help in showing that the damage was not caused by your brother, but indeed happened on Apple's end.

tuinte

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
To be on the safe side. I would try and get it in before the 14 day return date. It should not matter what Apple store you bring it to. Getting in within the 14 may help in showing that the damage was not caused by your brother, but indeed happened on Apple's end.

If you can't make it within 14 days, call the store you're going into and tell them the situation.

-
Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.