Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
Did a bit of searching and couldn't seem to find a solution.

Sometimes when I zoom in and out on a waveform a couple times, it becomes blocky and looses all detail when zooming out beyond a certain level. Restarting PT doesn't seem to fix it.

Protools LE 7.4.2 on leopard

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
Here goes... it ends up looking like a big chunky bar graph instead of the normal seismograph look. The trouble seems to start when I zoom the vertical axis. At some zoom levels it displays a normal waveform but the area between the wave and the 0-line is filled in.

Attachments

• Picture 1.gif
    Picture 1.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 91

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
yeah, that doesn't look right.

is this on a laptop? perhaps the video card isn't up to snuff. i've not seen anything like you're seeing, but once upon a time my PT wouldn't draw waveforms as i was recording, until i got a better video card.

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
No, brand new 24" imac. The imac may not have the greatest video system ever but I'd tend to call that a bug.

yeah, that doesn't look right.

is this on a laptop? perhaps the video card isn't up to snuff. i've not seen anything like you're seeing, but once upon a time my PT wouldn't draw waveforms as i was recording, until i got a better video card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.