Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:01 PM   #1
brian4610
macrumors regular

Can't upload pics to iphone

everytime i go into itunes and try to upload selected folders of pics onto my iphone, they're all grayed out, and the only option i have is to sync all of my photos.

anyone else experiencing this? I've updated my itunes, it was a problem before and after the update....any help is appreciated.
brian4610 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Have you clicked on the radio button for "Selected Photos", before trying to choose a folder?
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2008, 02:17 PM   #3
brian4610
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi un Mouton View Post
Have you clicked on the radio button for "Selected Photos", before trying to choose a folder?
no, it's all grayed out...not an option...
Old Oct 31, 2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Well, that happens on mine if the folder that I have selected in "Sync Folders From" has no sub-folders with photo files in. Check that you have selected a folder that has some photos in the sub-directories.

eg:

Folder 1
|
|
-- Folder 2 (image files)
|
-- Folder 3 (image files)

So if you "Sync Folders From" Folder 1, you will then be able to choose "Selected Folders" and it will list Folder 2 and Folder 3, which you can select or deselect
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:01 PM   #5
brian4610
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi un Mouton View Post
Well, that happens on mine if the folder that I have selected in "Sync Folders From" has no sub-folders with photo files in. Check that you have selected a folder that has some photos in the sub-directories.

eg:

Folder 1
|
|
-- Folder 2 (image files)
|
-- Folder 3 (image files)

So if you "Sync Folders From" Folder 1, you will then be able to choose "Selected Folders" and it will list Folder 2 and Folder 3, which you can select or deselect
i don't know if i follow...

here's the deal:

my "sync folders from" says iphoto. and then below that the radio button is already selected for me and it says 'all photos'. It's greyed out along with 'selected albums'. When i select "sync folders" it tells me that it upload all of my photos, not just the folders i select.

i can't select anything, it's already done for me.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

OK, I'm guessing that you don't have the check box on the "Sync Photos From" line actually checked. It needs to be. When you check it you get a question about synching, which you answer yes to. Don't worry, it will not do the sync at this point.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 07:15 PM   #7
brian4610
macrumors regular

thanks, i'm an idiot....got it to work!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting