Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dizzy13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Miami
Went to the grand opening of the latest apple store in Miami's Dadeland Mall (http://www.apple.com/retail/dadeland/)

You can see all the pics and a short video on my blog
http://whenwillapple.com/saywhy/2008/11/08/apple-store-dadeland-grand-opening/

long-line-300x225.jpg

outside-store-225x300.jpg

high-five-300x225.jpg

dadelandtshirt-300x284.jpg

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Wow, I grew up in Miami and used to go to Dadeland mall all of the time. Brings back some fond memories.:)

dizzy13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Miami
Glad I could bring back some memories :)

It's changed a lot in the past 5 or so years. I see your forum thing says Colorado, I just went to the Denver for the first time about a month ago and checked out the apple store at cherry creek mall.

front_center-300x225.jpg

AppleMacDudeG4

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
Apple Dadeland Store

I remember the Grand Opening of the Dadeland store. As luck would have it, I was actually the first person through the doors when it opened which I was not expecting. I was expecting a line to have gathered but I guess since the store is inside the mall itself, the security would not allow for people to gather outside the store.

I was hoping that I might have earned something for being the first person through but the only thing that I got was the same t-shirt that everyone got. I did buy a pretty good $20 game when I was there called "Fate" which I played a lot of. It is similar in some aspects to Diablo.

jeffzoom91

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
Florida
I have one of those shirts from the opening of the St. Johns Town Centre store, I can't wear it though because people assume I work there. Which was cool the first few times but on a collage campus it gets old quick. I also have a shirt from the Leopard release. Apple needs to start selling licensed merchandise again. /airheadedrant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.