Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:05 PM   #1
carbonfly
macrumors regular

How do you restore if your iphone won't let you enter your pin?

Ok guys, my wife rebooted her phone this morning and when it started up a notification was shown that said

"Restore needed"
iPhone cannot make or recieve calls. Restore from iTunes. www.apple.com/support

Well that's fine, phones mess up right? Well I plug the phone in to restore with iTunes and get an error in iTunes saying that the phone is locked with a passcode so info cannot be accessed. We the problem is that the iPhone only displays the error message with no option to enter the passcode to unlock it.

What should I do now?

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:17 PM   #2
carbonfly
macrumors regular

Nevermind. I was able to put the phone if DFU mode. That allowed me to restore it. The wife is happy again! And she won't be using a passcode anymore....lol

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting