Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yespi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2007
A couple of weeks I asked from the wonderful guys over here if I should get the MBA since I already have a MBP.
cause I travel about 3 hours every day to work. I finally got it and love it.

Now the story begins.
My wife (not a mac user yet or she is;)) has a Dell laptop and when I told here I'm getting the new MBA she was screaming why I need another computer over the MBP but got it anyways. :)
after having it for a few days she told me she wants to use it for a little bit, she became in love with it right away. after that she told me she wants to take it the next day to college, I let here.
Than it was only once a week, than she said one day for me and one day for her, now she wants to have it every day :(

I guess I'll have to buy one more of this little toy. :confused:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I understand it's your wife and stuff but...maybe try to reinforce the fact that it's yours and you bought it for a specific purpose? :)

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
I understand, I bought our Air and said to her we would share it(My wife and I with two user accounts on it) and well Apparently I don't know how to share. :)

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Why is that her fault? You bought yourself TWO Macs, and left her with a Dell. What kind of husband were you anyway :D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Well in my case a member of my family looked at the Rev. A and expressed deep longing. I was very happy to give the piece of crap to her.

And now, the parent has also been smitten by the looks of it and I will be handing over the equally piece of crap Rev. B shortly.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Well in my case a member of my family looked at the Rev. A and expressed deep longing. I was very happy to give the piece of crap to her.

And now, the parent has also been smitten by the looks of it and I will be handing over the equally piece of crap Rev. B shortly.

Interesting i've been reading all over the place how great the rev B is and how it addresses all the issues that plagued rev A

Milfin

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2008
My understanding of your question.
You bought a macbook air for yourself and your wife is now the primary user.

Man Law states that "sharing is caring" and this is not permissible.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Interesting i've been reading all over the place how great the rev B is and how it addresses all the issues that plagued rev A

Not all. And some issues I have with it are actually part of the design.

See, some of us actually do travel a lot and try and do work on it. Judging the level of improvement of the machine by gauging how improved the viewing experience of a cat playing the piano is pretty indicative of the level of 'work' notebooks are expected to undertake for many Apple users.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Not all. And some issues I have with it are actually part of the design.

See, some of us actually do travel a lot and try and do work on it. Judging the level of improvement of the machine by gauging how improved the viewing experience of a cat playing the piano is pretty indicative of the level of 'work' notebooks are expected to undertake for many Apple users.

Do you care to elaborate what you were doing which was so poor on the Air while travelling? While I understand that the Macbook Air is not as powerful as some of the other laptops, it now comes close to the Macbook. I think it's still one of the most powerful laptops out there for it's size and portability. So what exactly did you replace the Air with which is much better for you for travelling?

Kan-O-Z

StefanR.

Nov 8, 2008
I will buy one for my wife, another 3 for our 3 children. just because we think its pretty, True Story

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Man are you gay? what sort of story is that? what is your point?

A couple of weeks I asked from the wonderful guys over here if I should get the MBA since I already have a MBP.
cause I travel about 3 hours every day to work. I finally got it and love it.

Now the story begins.
My wife (not a mac user yet or she is;)) has a Dell laptop and when I told here I'm getting the new MBA she was screaming why I need another computer over the MBP but got it anyways. :)
after having it for a few days she told me she wants to use it for a little bit, she became in love with it right away. after that she told me she wants to take it the next day to college, I let here.
Than it was only once a week, than she said one day for me and one day for her, now she wants to have it every day :(

I guess I'll have to buy one more of this little toy. :confused:

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
Man are you gay? what sort of story is that? what is your point?

It was a story about a Windows person that had the chance to use a Mac, and now uses it daily. I find most Windows users that use a Mac are surprised by how much they like it. They all almost always tell me "I just never had the chance to use Mac before . . ."

-iGrant

stiphone

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
what's wrong with that? My wife uses a white MacBook now and I told her that if she likes, she can upgrade to either the new aluminium MacBook or the MacBook Air. All she have to do is tell me which she wants. Loving is sharing your Mac. So, buy another MacBook Air. You should be glad that she's giving up the Dell for a Mac!!

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Yea, someone I let use my MacBook once said all macs suck because they don't have anti virus software and he was missing the blue screen he constantly got. At least she's addicted to it and not hating on it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.