Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Feb 25, 2004, 07:04 PM   #1
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Federal Agents Close ITT Technical Institute

Strange, what could they be looking for, or have found?

Link1 KATU.com

Link2 Yahoo.com

TEG

Last edited by TEG; Feb 25, 2004 at 08:32 PM.
TEG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
They're looking at student files....I'm guessing its a hacker investigation. Weird, though. I wonder who'll they'll turn up?

D
Old Feb 26, 2004, 05:31 AM   #3
IndyGopher
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGopher Send a message via AIM to IndyGopher Send a message via MSN to IndyGopher Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGopher
Where I worked in Indianapolis was about 5 miles from the ITT headquarters, so we saw quite a few resumes from ITT students and graduates. We would interview a dozen or so a month. To say that I was utterly unimpressed with the breadth of their education would be an understatement, but that was equally true (or nearly so) with pretty much all the colleges' and tech schools' recent graduates. I strongly suspect this is all about federal aid money, and wanting to see if the numbers ITT is reporting to the feds are accurate. They claimed a pretty high placement percentage in a field where empoyment was awfully tight... which is always suspicious. I doubt anything major will come of it.
IndyGopher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 09:55 AM   #4
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
We were actually joking at work with lines like the following;

"Did the federales figure out that ITT is just one step above Junior College?"

"ITT the very poor Man's DeVry"

"ITT,University of Phoenix, with out any classes."

Sorry, Just thought I'd throw those out there. These are quotes from co-workers, not my own thoughts or comments.

TEG

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events