Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That looks like a bike that just might accommodate my lanky frame of 80." When I first saw the word chopper, I thought it was a story about a helicopter.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Re: Comeback of the Chopper

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
iGav didn't get this? Or it might just be old news for him :D

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/25/britain.chopper.reut/index.html

D

heheheh I posted this in January.... :D

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55711&chopper

there wasn't any pictures of it at that time though, or not any online that I can remember.

I think it looks dead dandy... although shame they've replaced the classic gear shifter with a handlebar mounted one... :(

abit before my time was this bike, my era started with the Grifter and the classic Burner! :D

kettle

macrumors 65816
bag o' shhiiitte:)

no really what a cop out. It's like VW Beetle and BMW Mini all over again.

It has the same name and the same size wheels, that was easy enough to do, they even made an improvement with an alloy frame. What in the name of hell made them bugger up the seat so badly? What the hell does anyone want with a Chopper that doesn't have a central gearstick?
If people want a twist grip gear system they should buy a Grifter.

kettle

macrumors 65816
sorry iGav, I started posting, then a coffee getting detour took me.

you got to rage about the gear stick before me. I actually had a Grifter, I wanted a Bomber with the cow horns but my inside leg wasn't anywhere near long enough. You can see why they put pads on the Burner, you only had to ditch into the cross bar once on a Grifter to know why BMX was going to be popular.

I think I answered my own question about the central gear stick.:eek:

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by kettle
sorry iGav, I started posting, then a coffee getting detour took me.

you got to rage about the gear stick before me. I actually had a Grifter, I wanted a Bomber with the cow horns but my inside leg wasn't anywhere near long enough. You can see why they put pads on the Burner, you only had to ditch into the cross bar once on a Grifter to know why BMX was going to be popular.

I think I answered my own question about the central gear stick.:eek:

exactly... it's not a Chopper without the central gearshift... Raleigh made a big boo boo there... :(

my bro had a Grifter... which was at it's end when I was old enough to start riding.... the hotty at the time was the Burner, and every kid wanted to be Andy Ruffel!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.