Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mukesh.kr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Hi
I want to use a drop pin in my iphone application to mark location in images.(just as a pin is dropped on google map to mark the location).
But I don't know which control from Iphone SDK framework shoul be used for this and how.
Please help me and/or give me any useful link to this explaining the usage.
Your help will be greatle appreciated.
Regards,
Mukesh

drivefast

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
if you want to drop a pin on a google map that you display, use the google javascript api's. to drop a pin on a picture that you have on the iphone you would have to go into more advanced image processing, as there are no pre-made tools in the sdk that would take you very far.

mukesh.kr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Thanks a lot. But as I am new to Iphone progrmming, Can you please guide me how to start with the advanced image processing features for iPhone? Please provide me any link or pointers to understand the topic clearly.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Thanks a lot. But as I am new to Iphone progrmming, Can you please guide me how to start with the advanced image processing features for iPhone? Please provide me any link or pointers to understand the topic clearly.

If you are new to iPhone programming, perhaps advanced image processing features aren't the place to start.

mukesh.kr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Creating a calloutView with image

I created a callout view in my iphone application(like one on Google map, where a disclosure button is associated with the

pin and on pin touch the callout view with disclosure button pops up). Following the example in iphone Developer's cookbook I

was able to create a calloutView with a message and a disclosure button but my requirement is now to create a similar popup

with image in the callout view (in place of string) and withot disclosure button.

Can anyone please help me how to fix this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mukesh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.