Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jan 1, 2009, 02:24 PM   #1
leez
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to leez
Cellular Data Network settings (3G APN Servers)

While yellowsn0w is out, people gonna start using different SIM cards etc. I was thinking about writing down all the Network settings for 3G in here, so you can get access to internet with all the networks around the globe.

After putting in new SIM, go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

Vodafone UK:
APN: internet
Username: wap
Password: wap

Post your settings, thanks.
leez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2
jav6454
macrumors G5

Honduras settings

Tigo Honduras
APN: internet.tigo.hn
username: blank
password: blank
Old Jan 2, 2009, 01:14 AM   #3
penix
macrumors newbie

These are the settings I used to get data working on T-Mobile in the California San Francisco Bay Area.

Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

I've also read some people are using internet2.voicestream.com and internet3.voicestream.com depending on what data plan they subscribe to.
penix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 02:20 AM   #4
pkkrusty
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to pkkrusty Send a message via Yahoo to pkkrusty
Two things: I live and travel in Europe and have found a great worldwide resource for APN lists. Do a google search for "Ross Barkman APN" and it'll take you to http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

He has compiled a thorough list of worldwide APN info and keep it updated, takes submissions, etc. VERY useful.

Second, as a newly unlocked iPhone 3G user (read 20 minutes ago) how do I change the APN settings on the phone so it accesses the right server/IP?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe if I read the FIRST POST of the thread I would have seen it. I'm an idiot. Disregard.
EDIT 2: Maybe I'm not, Cellular Data Network menu doesn't exist. Any ideas?
I love Macs. Macy Mac Mac. Down into my belly.

Last edited by pkkrusty; Jan 2, 2009 at 02:39 AM.
pkkrusty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Geniusdog254
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkkrusty View Post
Two things: I live and travel in Europe and have found a great worldwide resource for APN lists. Do a google search for "Ross Barkman APN" and it'll take you to http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

He has compiled a thorough list of worldwide APN info and keep it updated, takes submissions, etc. VERY useful.

Second, as a newly unlocked iPhone 3G user (read 20 minutes ago) how do I change the APN settings on the phone so it accesses the right server/IP?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe if I read the FIRST POST of the thread I would have seen it. I'm an idiot. Disregard.
Theres a package in Cydia, I believe it's called something like "Edit APN Settings" that makes the menu appear. Maybe search in cydia for APN and it will show up?
Geniusdog254 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:27 PM   #6
yorkman
macrumors member

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdog254 View Post
Theres a package in Cydia, I believe it's called something like "Edit APN Settings" that makes the menu appear. Maybe search in cydia for APN and it will show up?
You are right,on cydia cal it APN Editing
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:43 AM   #7
pkkrusty
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to pkkrusty Send a message via Yahoo to pkkrusty
thanks much, that was the last hurdle for total awesomeness.
I love Macs. Macy Mac Mac. Down into my belly.
pkkrusty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 06:38 AM   #8
sjorge
macrumors member

Carrier: Proximus (Contract or Pay&Go)
APN: internet.proximus.be
User: (blank)
Pass: (blank)

I got a custom carrier bundle with all the settings + some extra stuff like check balance & voice mail not sure if there is interest in this but if there is I'll put it on rapidshare or something.
sjorge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 06:40 AM   #9
sjorge
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkkrusty View Post

If you unlocked with yellowsn0w the menu will appear unless you've inserted an sim of a supported carrier.

If I stick in my Mobistar (official carrier for .be) SIM all the settings are correctly filled in. (Using swiss unlocked phone).
sjorge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:29 PM   #10
wyldeone
macrumors newbie

Have changed APN settings...how long before it works?

Hi, Thanks for the info below...done that but still not working at the moment, how long before it does?
I spoke to Vodafone UK and they gave me the same info for the Username & Password but a different ANP Address; wap.vodafone.co.uk, that didn't work too....My iPhone is a 3G 16GB from the USA and has been unlocked with the 2.28 yellowsn0w software detailed below. The phone is working fine and I have the 3G Vodafone Internet package, linked to my contract.
Hope you can help....thanks, Nik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leez View Post
While yellowsn0w is out, people gonna start using different SIM cards etc. I was thinking about writing down all the Network settings for 3G in here, so you can get access to internet with all the networks around the globe.

After putting in new SIM, go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

Vodafone UK:
APN: internet
Username: wap
Password: wap

Post your settings, thanks.
wyldeone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks