Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 4, 2009, 06:03 AM   #1
papillon68
macrumors newbie

Opengl ES: displaying dynamic text

Hello, I searched around for days, but the only way I found to do it is using the Texture2D class and rebuilding the texture with the updated text at each frame: very very slow, the application fall on its knees.
I have read that mixing Opengl ES context and UI Labels is a very bad idea too.

So I said: let's go for bitmap fonts !
I found several tutorials based on Windows OpenGL on how to build texture bitmap fonts: unfortunately they create fonts using typical windows commands such as wglUseFontBitmap, for instance.

So how do you deal with it in MacOs and Iphone programming ? Any suggestion ? Thanks !
papillon68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming