Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
Bagram, Afghanistan
I stopped by the new Apple Store in Munich, Germany, and couldn't believe the location. Prime real estate, right in front of the famous city hall (see pic). It was crowded as hell, and I would have spent more, but that dollar/Euro exchange rate killed off any ideas I had. I wanted the new earbuds, but at $75 US, they were 80 Euro, which was $125 US! A little too much for ear buds...

Anyway, here is a cool pic of both the city hall and the Apple store, a nice mix of both old and futuristic architecture.

(Sorry for the low quality pic; I shot it with my expensive iPhone).

Attachments

• 3210905057_1755d99cd4_o.jpg
    3210905057_1755d99cd4_o.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 178

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I was in downtown Munich for a meeting about a month ago and while walking back to the stop at Marienplatz, I couldn't help but think that the store just destroys the image of the older architecture that makes the city unique.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I was in downtown Munich for a meeting about a month ago and while walking back to the stop at Marienplatz, I couldn't help but think that the store just destroys the image of the older architecture that makes the city unique.

The first thing I thought when I saw the image was "what an astonishingly unique blend of the old and the new"

So perhaps it adds even more to the uniqueness of the entire locale?

jdylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
Bagram, Afghanistan
Yeah, I agree

Yes, I do have to agree with you, but right next to the Apple store is a huge, 5-story athletic/sports store with a huge glass front and banners displayed everywhere, so while the Apple Store doesn't exactly fit in, at least it doesn't obviously stand out in a garish way. At least it is tasteful. Also, don't forget about that big bookstore across from the cityhall, in it's 1970's style architecture. There are quite a few buildings in the area I would prefer to get rid of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.