Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:38 PM   #1
mgguy
macrumors 6502

How to turn off "No camera was found" message

Every time I hook up a printer, ipod touch, camera, whatever, through my USB on my G3 imac, I get a message that says "No camera was found." When this message appears, a Canon camera application in the dock appears, which suggests that the message is from the Canon app (it also started happening just after using Canon app to download picts off my Canon camera). If I don't click "OK" in response to the message, it disappears and everything is fine. However, it is preventing the ipod touch from automatically opening iTunes for syncing (if iTunes is already open it syncs fine). Is there any way to stop this message from appearing and turning off whatever is causing it to appear? I've looked in the Canon apps I have and couldn't find any preference options that looked related.
mgguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:51 PM   #2
jaseone
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to jaseone
Open Image Capture in Applications, go to preferences and then change the program that opens when a camera is connected to no application.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:43 PM   #3
mgguy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseone View Post
Open Image Capture in Applications, go to preferences and then change the program that opens when a camera is connected to no application.
Wow, it worked. I just want to kiss you! Thanks. My life is good again.
mgguy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 01:52 AM   #4
philitup23
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseone View Post
Thanks a million!
philitup23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:28 AM   #5
osin
macrumors 6502

Thanks Jason!
osin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 06:57 AM   #6
junkme
macrumors newbie

Me too

I'm getting the same problem too whenever my iPod Touch is connected. The "No Camera Was Found" error keeps popping up every 5 minutes or so. Very annoying if I'm trying to watch a movie.

The above fix doesn't work because there is no "preferences" option in Image Capture on Snow Leopard.

The error message is coming from Canon Camera Window, but I can't get into it's preferences either because if I click on it just get the "No Camera Was Found" message again and clicking "OK" to it closes the program.
junkme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 08:13 PM   #7
Elbert C
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkme View Post
I'm getting the same problem too whenever my iPod Touch is connected. The "No Camera Was Found" error keeps popping up every 5 minutes or so. Very annoying if I'm trying to watch a movie.

The above fix doesn't work because there is no "preferences" option in Image Capture on Snow Leopard.

The error message is coming from Canon Camera Window, but I can't get into it's preferences either because if I click on it just get the "No Camera Was Found" message again and clicking "OK" to it closes the program.
Launch Image Capture, connect the camera and you should see the option in the lower left window of Image Capture.
Elbert C is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 07:08 AM   #8
Kebabselector
macrumors 68020

I deleted Image Capture as it's not needed for my 5D's

I have EOS Utility on the dock and open that when I connect my cameras.
Kebabselector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:10 AM   #9
jazz9
macrumors newbie

Thanks!
jazz9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 07:52 PM   #10
splashdown
macrumors newbie

and thanks from here...

Even if it's a year later, your advice is still being used! I've been meaning to fix this for ages and didn't know how. Thanks.
splashdown is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 08:43 PM   #11
mackmgg
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabselector View Post
I deleted Image Capture as it's not needed for my 5D's

I have EOS Utility on the dock and open that when I connect my cameras.
It's not needed for a 5D, but it is needed for setting system-wide importing settings. These (and the ones that appear in Safari's, Mail's, and all of Apple's other apps' settings) should be in an Applications pane in System Preferences, but for now they're all independent
mackmgg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:21 PM   #12
mef4ds
macrumors newbie

Still works

I had the problem in Mountain Lion and used this suggestion. It worked. Just a note, though, the preferences access is now just an icon and it is not the words preferences. Took me awhile to figure it out! thanks.
mef4ds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 04:38 AM   #13
tychop
macrumors newbie

How do I set 'No Application' as the default for any devices I connect? (Even devices I've never attached before)
tychop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography