Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Lukeksk
macrumors member

How to turn off "Repeat Song" mode in iPhone?

Recently when I played my music on my iPhone (via the iPod application), I found out that the first song I played would keep repeating itself. No matter how I tap, double tap, triple tap on the "Shuffle" mode listed under the playlist to undo the repeat mode, nothing happens. I would like to have the songs in the playlist shuffled and the playlist (not song) repeat itself but I can't seem to get out of this repeat song mode at all. Help!
Lukeksk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:35 AM   #2
CrzyCanuck72
macrumors 6502a

when you play a song, tap the album art to bring up more options. The repeat button is the one furthest to the left (looks like two arrows in an oval). Tap it until it is not coloured anymore.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:42 AM   #3
DJ567
macrumors regular

previous poster is correct,
also as added info no colour means no repeat,
coloured blue means repeats the playlist and
coloured with the number 1 means repeat the individual track
DJ567 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:23 AM   #4
syabbas
macrumors newbie

Unhappy How about videos

For Song, when we tap the album art, the option to set repeat functions does come up. But I can't find the same for a video track. Any ideas?
syabbas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:25 AM   #5
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
Quote:
Originally Posted by syabbas View Post
For Song, when we tap the album art, the option to set repeat functions does come up. But I can't find the same for a video track. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, there is no repeat for videos.

David
Old Dec 20, 2010, 04:10 PM   #6
vathsan4u
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Turn off repeat for video songs in iPhone

Hello,

I updated to software version 4.2.1 and from then my video songs gets repeated and there is no option to turn the repeat off. usually a repeat off button will appear on the left side when the song plays and if i tap it to look blue the song will repeat and if is off the song does not repeat. but after this update I dont see this option. Please help.
vathsan4u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:00 AM   #7
kdoz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vathsan4u View Post
Hello,

I updated to software version 4.2.1 and from then my video songs gets repeated and there is no option to turn the repeat off. usually a repeat off button will appear on the left side when the song plays and if i tap it to look blue the song will repeat and if is off the song does not repeat. but after this update I dont see this option. Please help.

I have exactly the same problem, I tap the blue arrow nothing changes, no options seems present to make it shuffle it just keeps playing the same song its driving me nuts!!!
kdoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:31 PM   #8
stana2z
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to stana2z
Unhappy Podcasts Repeating as Well

Playing a podcast. Podcast ends. Podcast Repeats from the begining. WTH?? If theres three episodes, it will play 1, 2, 3 and then repeat at 1 again.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 01:37 AM   #9
LBorger
macrumors newbie

Podcast video repeat

I see the same problem, tried several suggestions, no resolution. On the iPhone 4 and on the iPad, when playing video podcasts, the first video will repeat ONCE. All other videos will not repeat. The order varies: it may be 1-1-2-3 or 1-2-1-3. My conclusion is that the first play does not get marked in the device, which would mean that it is a software bug and needs an Apple update. I don't think this is a configuration issue.

Can others confirm this behavior?
What is the best way to report this to Apple?
LBorger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:01 AM   #10
BWV565
macrumors newbie

I appreciate this thread, it was driving me crazy on my iPhone 4/4S.

Question: is it possible to make this setting the default setting for the entire library (i.e. do NOT repeat)?

Thanks!
BWV565 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting