Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 27, 2004, 11:13 AM   #1
Kingsnapped
macrumors 6502a

Mail forgot my passwords, incoming mail. Can anyone help?

I've been using mail.app for my Yahoo mail account since I got my powerbook without a hitch. Suddenly, mail has been asking for my password every five minutes (even when I check the box) and is not collecting new mail.

I went to mail.yahoo.com to confirm my password and there were five or six new messages waiting for me. Could it have something to do with 10.3.3? Anybody else having these problems? Any fixes? Any help would be appreciated.
Kingsnapped is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 12:17 PM   #2
zimv20
macrumors 601

did you fix permissions?
Old Mar 27, 2004, 12:28 PM   #3
Squire
macrumors 68000

Was it just one isolated incident or has the problem been ongoing for quite some time? I used to get annoyed when Mail would, all of a sudden, ask me for my password and then claim it was wrong. Later, I figured out that the servers were down (or something) at those times.

Maybe it will be okay tomorrow.

Squire
Old Mar 27, 2004, 02:39 PM   #4
flyfish29
macrumors 68020

Yeah, I had problems like you describe and they just went away...be patient and put the mail away to send later. It should fix itself.
flyfish29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 04:15 PM   #5
Kingsnapped
macrumors 6502a

I repaired permissions yesterday, and all that changed was iPhoto. It was going on for a couple days.. but it seems to be behaving again. I'll let you know if it keeps asking.
Kingsnapped is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 08:27 AM   #6
About2SwitchOvr
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to About2SwitchOvr
YAHOO MAIL SETUP with Mac's MAIL app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsnapped
I repaired permissions yesterday, and all that changed was iPhoto. It was going on for a couple days.. but it seems to be behaving again. I'll let you know if it keeps asking.
I just got this iMac, and wanted to see if I can use Mac's MAIL program with my Yahoo account. While setting up, I guess I don't know the MAIL SERVER, and whether or not it's POP or the other types (not in front of the MAC now..) Also, do I have to upgrade to YAHOO MAIL PLUS, because all I'm using now is the free YAHOO mail version...

THANKS!!!! :-)

Last edited by About2SwitchOvr; Mar 31, 2004 at 10:03 AM.
About2SwitchOvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store