Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efuggetta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I am buying a new Macbook Pro, and I want to take Photoshop off of my current Macbook and put it onto the new one. (I'm not stealing anything--I just want to MOVE what I already have, not duplicate it.)

I don't have the discs because 2 former coworkers and I split the program with the agreement that we'd each get a copy (so we each could only put it on our laptops.)

So. Is there any way to do this? I have an external hard drive, which Time Machine backed everything to.

In another thread, it said to look in Library/Application support/Adobe/Adobe registration BUT I can only get as far as Adobe. There is no Adobe Registration. Also, when I hit About Photoshop, no serial number is on the about screen as many suggest it should.

Is there hope?

efuggetta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
A TimeMachine backup wont transfer programs to a new machine??

I've heard that it will, but I think you might need the serial number/activation code, which seem to be lost somehow (although they must exist, because I'm using the program!):confused:

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I don't have the discs because 2 former coworkers and I split the program with the agreement that we'd each get a copy (so we each could only put it on our laptops.)

Is there hope?

If you split one software package with 2 others, then you are using pirated software. Unless you bought a "family pack".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.