Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:03 PM   #1
SoCalSrf91
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Youtube upload help

ok so i have tried everything to get videos uploaded to youtube but nothing works imovie gives me a communication error timeout thin and in safari i use the beta uploader and it crashes safari after ti gets like 5% done and i tried the reg uploader on youtube and it started at 1 and i checked it at4 30 and it still didnt budge or upload idk what to do any help would be awesome
SoCalSrf91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:17 PM   #2
John Doe 57
macrumors 65816
 
John Doe 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSrf91 View Post
ok so i have tried everything to get videos uploaded to youtube but nothing works imovie gives me a communication error timeout thin and in safari i use the beta uploader and it crashes safari after ti gets like 5% done and i tried the reg uploader on youtube and it started at 1 and i checked it at4 30 and it still didnt budge or upload idk what to do any help would be awesome
Same thing happened to me. Export your videos to MP4 format if not done already, then upload. I had MOV files that would upload for hours and never complete. Hope that helps.

If you've deleted or lost your iMovie project get yourself this app: http://www.squared5.com/

Great for converting all types of movies to different formats!
__________________
17" MacBook Pro 3,1 | 6GB RAM | 240GB SSD ||| Lumix GH2 | Voigtländer 17.5mm F/0.95 | SLR Magic 12mm T/1.6 Wide ||| Vimeo | Soundcloud | Tumblr
John Doe 57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:21 PM   #3
SoCalSrf91
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe 57 View Post
Same thing happened to me. Export your videos to MP4 format if not done already, then upload. I had MOV files that would upload for hours and never complete. Hope that helps.

If you've deleted or lost your iMovie project get yourself this app: http://www.squared5.com/

Great for converting all types of movies to different formats!

will it make my video upload if i convert it to mp4? because all mine have been comming out as m4v and that one i tried to upload was mov or m4v but it took 3hrs and didnt even start
SoCalSrf91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:54 PM   #4
John Doe 57
macrumors 65816
 
John Doe 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSrf91 View Post
will it make my video upload if i convert it to mp4? because all mine have been comming out as m4v and that one i tried to upload was mov or m4v but it took 3hrs and didnt even start
Don't use M4V. In my opinion and past experience, it is just bad. It can not be played on any DVD. I did a school track team DVD with about 90 minutes of footage in M4V format and the DVD was is terrible condition. Videos lagged and framing was way off.

I hate to say it, but MPEG Streamclip will not play M4V videos properly. They will lag and framing will be off. I hope you didn't do what I did with my track videos - delete all the iMovie projects before knowing the problem with M4V. It totally screwed me over. However I was able to upload them to YouTube.

YouTube has been updating their Upload System. And as far as I can see, it has become worse when working with a Mac user. M4V might not be accepted due to their new updates.
__________________
17" MacBook Pro 3,1 | 6GB RAM | 240GB SSD ||| Lumix GH2 | Voigtländer 17.5mm F/0.95 | SLR Magic 12mm T/1.6 Wide ||| Vimeo | Soundcloud | Tumblr
John Doe 57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 05:53 PM   #5
SoCalSrf91
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
ok so i started this in march and i still cant get videos to upload to youtube

my safari crashes my imovie 09 says communication error and firefox crashes i dont know any other way to get them uploaded can someone please help me
SoCalSrf91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:35 AM   #6
John Doe 57
macrumors 65816
 
John Doe 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSrf91 View Post
ok so i started this in march and i still cant get videos to upload to youtube

my safari crashes my imovie 09 says communication error and firefox crashes i dont know any other way to get them uploaded can someone please help me
This is very strange. I've uploaded about 15 videos since we last spoke, and I have been having less problems every time. It used to be worse as I said before (The videos wouldn't upload). I don't know what your problem could be. How do you get the 'Communiation Error' message?
__________________
17" MacBook Pro 3,1 | 6GB RAM | 240GB SSD ||| Lumix GH2 | Voigtländer 17.5mm F/0.95 | SLR Magic 12mm T/1.6 Wide ||| Vimeo | Soundcloud | Tumblr
John Doe 57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
scienide09
macrumors 65816
 
scienide09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Are your movie files within YouTube's filesize limit? I wouldn't think that this would cause Safari to crash, but you never know.

Also, please try using caps and punctuation. The more people who can read your post, the more who will try to help.
__________________
I'm a librarian.
iMac 27" i7 2.8 | mid-2011 MBA | iPhone 8GB (original) | iPhone 5 (black) | Backup: RAID-1 640GB NAS.
scienide09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Benguitar
macrumors 65816
 
Benguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I upload all of my videos via iMovie 09. I haven't had any trouble with that. Maybe you should try putting your movie/video in iMovie and uploading it from there?
__________________
"No plan survives first contact with the enemy." -M.R.
Benguitar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 02:18 PM   #9
RBHD1
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Make sure the video is less than 10 mins long and no bigger than 1 GB.
I uploaded my video through imovie 09, the video supposedly uploaded fine, but never actually appeared on youtube. I then joined my youtube account with my google account and signed in using this, this solved my problem and videos went up fine.
The only thing I can suggest is to make a really small 15 second video clip of only a few MB in size and try experimenting uploading that. At least you won't have to wait a few hours for a large video file to upload only to find it failed.
Hope that helps
RBHD1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:12 PM   #10
John Doe 57
macrumors 65816
 
John Doe 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBHD1 View Post
Make sure the video is less than 10 mins long and no bigger than 1 GB.
I uploaded my video through imovie 09, the video supposedly uploaded fine, but never actually appeared on youtube. I then joined my youtube account with my google account and signed in using this, this solved my problem and videos went up fine.
The only thing I can suggest is to make a really small 15 second video clip of only a few MB in size and try experimenting uploading that. At least you won't have to wait a few hours for a large video file to upload only to find it failed.
Hope that helps
I second this. Try some small video clips first. Thats a good idea.
__________________
17" MacBook Pro 3,1 | 6GB RAM | 240GB SSD ||| Lumix GH2 | Voigtländer 17.5mm F/0.95 | SLR Magic 12mm T/1.6 Wide ||| Vimeo | Soundcloud | Tumblr
John Doe 57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 05:19 PM   #11
SoCalSrf91
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
i have tried all of that and still youtube says cant upload video and imovie always says communication error i know its not my internet connection because when i had windows running in bootcamp a few months ago it all worked but i deleted bootcamp

my movies are in m4v format(yes you can upload m4v to youtube)but it always gives me an error on youtubes website but only from my macbook
and imovie 09 starts to upload it then it says it has 37 hours left then it quits
SoCalSrf91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't upload vides to youtube!!! didof993 iMac 1 Nov 24, 2012 04:53 AM
Youtube Upload Question dbla iOS 6 0 Sep 23, 2012 10:51 AM
How do you upload a song to YouTube? musefreek Community Discussion 2 Jul 26, 2012 06:51 AM
What is the YouTube upload limit for iOS devices? Can I upload privately? HappyDude20 iOS 5 and earlier 1 Jun 8, 2012 04:13 PM
Upload youtube from iphone iphone911 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Jun 1, 2012 11:11 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC