Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Apr 4, 2004, 01:37 PM   #1
windowsblowsass
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to windowsblowsass
usb to rca out

anyone know a device that will give me rca out put from usb
This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?- this is Spinal Tap
windowsblowsass is offline   0
Old Apr 4, 2004, 02:45 PM   #2
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
umm, i don't think USB has nearly enough bandwidth for component video/audio transfer... there used to be a device called the Buzz by Iomega, it might provide USB connectivity, don't remember.

paul
rainman::|:| is offline   0
Old Apr 4, 2004, 03:58 PM   #3
taxman
macrumors newbie

Smile

There is a device that does that, the eskape labs myview. I bought it off ebay about a year agoand it is difficult to use. If you would like more information i'll be glad to help.
taxman is offline   0
Old Apr 4, 2004, 04:58 PM   #4
michaelrjohnson
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to michaelrjohnson
i am unaware of some options, however, I have an RCA->USB INPUT device, but that same device cannot do output. so i'm not sure. sorry!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 06:39 PM   #5
evil_santa
macrumors 6502a

m-audio transit $99

if it just audio this shout do it..

http://www.midiman.net/index.php?do=...9f07cb11070055
evil_santa is offline   0
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:11 PM   #6
windowsblowsass
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman
There is a device that does that, the eskape labs myview. I bought it off ebay about a year agoand it is difficult to use. If you would like more information i'll be glad to help.
is eskape still in buisness? their site hasnt been updated in 2 years oh did u know one of the brady bunch kids owns it ne way is it my view or myvideo /c i cant find any my view
This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?- this is Spinal Tap
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:54 PM   #7
Koodauw
macrumors 68040

There is one made by Creative. Not sure how well it works, but it looks like it has Line in and line out. You can check it out here. It doesn't ha video though, not sure if you wanted that or not.

Price seems reasonable enough.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4&type=product
Koodauw is offline   0
Old Apr 5, 2004, 02:33 AM   #8
adamjay
macrumors 6502a

usb 1.1 and 2.0 both have plenty of bandwidth for audio. Digidesign makes 24 bit USB in/out desks for Protools, so i would say that its not a b-platform.
the m-audio transit is optical/digital i/o so thats not what you want.

now the Edirol UA-1X is a good device and i can vouch for it.
http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...t.cfm?pid=4130 $79
the UA-1X is an update of the old UA-1A, and it is worlds better in terms of configurability, stability, and reliability.

Now what machine are you needing this for? if your machine has a 1/8" input, then a shielded 1/8" to RCA converter ($5-$10 @ radio shack) would give you the same audio quality. and with that in mind, the Griffin iMic with the aforementioned converter would all together run you $50 tops and would be the best deal.

if you are using this to convert a vinyl record collection, you would also need a preamp as RCA USB cards are line level, not phono level.
adamjay is offline   0
Old Apr 5, 2004, 04:45 PM   #9
windowsblowsass
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjay
usb 1.1 and 2.0 both have plenty of bandwidth for audio. Digidesign makes 24 bit USB in/out desks for Protools, so i would say that its not a b-platform.
the m-audio transit is optical/digital i/o so thats not what you want.

now the Edirol UA-1X is a good device and i can vouch for it.
http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...t.cfm?pid=4130 $79
the UA-1X is an update of the old UA-1A, and it is worlds better in terms of configurability, stability, and reliability.

Now what machine are you needing this for? if your machine has a 1/8" input, then a shielded 1/8" to RCA converter ($5-$10 @ radio shack) would give you the same audio quality. and with that in mind, the Griffin iMic with the aforementioned converter would all together run you $50 tops and would be the best deal.

if you are using this to convert a vinyl record collection, you would also need a preamp as RCA USB cards are line level, not phono level.
im planning on chopping up an imac g3 for us in a car see herehttp://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=781812#post781812
Old Apr 5, 2004, 05:13 PM   #10
adamjay
macrumors 6502a

in that case, radio shack... 1/8" male to RCA converter or you may be able to find a cable with those connections to the length you want.. usually around $5
adamjay is offline   0
Old Apr 7, 2004, 07:55 PM   #11
Bhennies
macrumors 6502

Quote:
if your machine has a 1/8" input, then a shielded 1/8" to RCA converter ($5-$10 @ radio shack) would give you the same audio quality
I might have to disagree. It will work OK, but honestly, the stock Apple Digital/Analog output/input convertors are not really that great. They are sloppy in the low and midrange, and lackluster on the high end. If you want this for any reason other than BASIC home audio use (like listening to mp3's on a low-end home system), you might honestly want to buy a dedicated USB audio interface. As other people have posted, there are some inexpensive options you can consider that will give you a HUGE jump in quality over the OEM Apple output jack. Go to Guitar Center and ask the Pro Audio dept (or check out Sam ash.com).
Bhennies is offline   0
Old Apr 11, 2004, 09:32 AM   #12
nargot
macrumors regular

Quote:
...if your machine has a 1/8" input, then a shielded 1/8" to RCA converter ($5-$10 @ radio shack) would give you the same audio quality. and with that in mind, the Griffin iMic with the aforementioned converter would all together run you $50 tops and would be the best deal.

The iMic does a great job with RCA input and output
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:45 PM   #13
EJBasile
macrumors 65816

My teacher had one of those Escape things connected to his 500mhz iMac g3 and it was horrible- slow response time- IN APPLEWORKS PRESENTATION
EJBasile is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews