Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)

Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:12 PM   #1
papersushi
macrumors regular

"Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay" from FedEx

I have been checking FedEx shipping status of my 12'' iBook since it left Taiwan last Friday. It stuck in ANCHORAGE AK*for 2 days now with status "Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay"

I called FedEx, they told me its normal, almost all Apple's package will go through that process and its not delayed in anyway. Any comments?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fedex.gif
Views:	1075
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	12764  
papersushi is offline   0
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:27 PM   #2
MacAficionado
macrumors 6502

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by papersushi
I have been checking FedEx shipping status of my 12'' iBook since it left Taiwan last Friday. It stuck in ANCHORAGE AK*for 2 days now with status "Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay"

I called FedEx, they told me its normal, almost all Apple's package will go through that process and its not delayed in anyway. Any comments?
The only thing I've experienced is that FedEx does not really update their tracking all the time. When my sister got her iBook, it was "stuck" in Alaska for a whole weekend, then all of a sudden when I checked it had been delivered a day early.

When is it due for delivery?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:32 PM   #3
papersushi
macrumors regular

It's due by 10:30AM April 7th Wednesday.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 12:29 AM   #4
thekaiser
macrumors member

I had this problem last fall with my powerbook. You will just have to wait it out...that is what FedEx told me at least. It just means that it has not cleared customs more or less is what they told me...they get busy etc...it will make it eventually. However, Apple refunded my shipping as I paid for rush delivery and it was not received on time. It all worked out well in the end.

15GB iPod
thekaiser is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 07:57 AM   #5
michaelrjohnson
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to michaelrjohnson
i just got an iBook 3 weeks ago.

1) i blieve that is "Customs"... your powerbook came from taiwan
2) fedex only updates their tracking at night (for most packages)
3) fedex will have your package @ your door no later than 10:30am.

:-D
Old Apr 6, 2004, 08:04 AM   #6
cubist
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to cubist
FedEx is amazingly slow. I had a ground package from NY to VA take a solid month once.
cubist is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 08:46 AM   #7
papersushi
macrumors regular

Morning on the 6th Now, 3 days since it arriaved in Alaska on last Friday with custom delay message. Still no updates, if its due no late than 10:30AM tomorrow, at least it should in the mainland US now. What's up FedEX?
Old Apr 6, 2004, 09:19 AM   #8
michaelrjohnson
macrumors 68020

see above post.

they only update their traking for international packages overnight... be patient. your package is moving and it will be there when quoted.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:44 AM   #9
krisjon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Morning on the 6th Now, 3 days since it arriaved in Alaska on last Friday with custom delay message. Still no updates, if its due no late than 10:30AM tomorrow, at least it should in the mainland US now. What's up FedEX?
Don't sweat it. I went through exactly the same thing (and lack of FedEx updates) with my BTO powerbook about a month and a half ago coming out of Taiwan. It'll show up.

iPhone 4 32GB
iPad 2 64GB
krisjon is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 12:27 PM   #10
superbovine
macrumors 68030

Quote:
you can't rush cutsom. custom agents actually have a lot of power, and fedex is at the mercy of goverment regulation. i.e. if a custom agent feels like delaying packages to search them they will.
superbovine is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 01:30 PM   #11
TDT
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to TDT Send a message via AIM to TDT Send a message via MSN to TDT
Lightbulb

How long did it take for you from the time you ordered your ibook to the time it left?

I'm curious how long my PB will take.
TDT is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 02:23 PM   #12
michaelrjohnson
macrumors 68020

my ibook was 5days 14hrs after pushing "order" button to having fedex ring my doorbell.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 03:50 PM   #13
TDT
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to TDT Send a message via AIM to TDT Send a message via MSN to TDT
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrjohnson
my ibook was 5days 14hrs after pushing "order" button to having fedex ring my doorbell.
Did you have yours custom at all? I mean, on the site did you have some things added and some things removed? When checking the order status site, before it shipped, how long of a delay did they say?

Thanks
TDT is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 05:43 PM   #14
papersushi
macrumors regular

No, it was not CTO machine at all. It was delivered today actually. Just like previous poster mentioned. It suddently just showed up after no updates for 3 days.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)