Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Vonswanko
macrumors regular

Can't load app on iPhone 3.0

I am new to the developing arena, and am trying to load my first app on my phone for testing.

I have made my provisioning profile, put it on my test phone, build for device, and keep getting the following error

error: can't exec '/usr/bin/codesign' (No such file or directory)

I have searched for the file, and searched for help. Anyone else with this problem?
Vonswanko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:21 AM   #2
iphonerain
macrumors member

/usr/bin/codesign w/exit code1?

is this this (“Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1″) error by any chance? If it is, check out: http://www.hibbins.com/2008/08/27/ip...sue-on-device/
iphonerain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:55 AM   #3
Vonswanko
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonerain View Post
is this this (“Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1″) error by any chance? If it is, check out: http://www.hibbins.com/2008/08/27/ip...sue-on-device/
I had that error, but it was due to a provisioning profile problem. Still no luck. though. I'm going to call the ADC techline see if they can help.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:56 AM   #4
KoolStar
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to KoolStar Send a message via Skype™ to KoolStar
Make sure that it is trying to debug in 3.0, The latest beta will not do anything less.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:12 AM   #5
fishkorp
macrumors 68020

If your target is set to 2.x it won't work, it's in the beta 3 notes as a known bug.
fishkorp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Vonswanko
macrumors regular

Hey thanks for the help. I have the target set to Device 3.0 debug, and still get the error. I looked for the exec file in developer/usr/bin but nothing is in there. I'm at a dead end with this. I posted the same topic on the ADC iPhone forums also.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:52 PM   #7
MrMac208
macrumors newbie

by any chance were u using the beta 3 or 2 for this? I seem to be having similar problems.

Last edited by WildCowboy; Apr 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: removed off-topic spam
MrMac208 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Vonswanko
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMac208 View Post
by any chance were u using the beta 3 or 2 for this? I seem to be having similar problems.
I have been using all the betas. Apple Dev helped me sort things out. Seems the file was there, but had been renamed some how. It went from codesign to codesign.orginal. I ran terminal to rename and viola, can now build and install on my device.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming