Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:28 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Nine Inch Nails iPhone Application Now Available

Last week, we reported on an upcoming Nine Inch Nails application utilizing location-based social networking features and integrating with the official nin.com website. The application, titled nin: access [App Store, Free], is now available.

Quote:
- Engage in location-based conversation and share photos with other NIN fans around the world.
- Access the latest NIN news and blog updates.
- Listen to a variety of streaming NIN music, including exclusive playlists and thousands of fan-created remixes.
- View, save, and share images and videos from nin.com’s vast fan-supported media archive.
- Get exclusive free wallpaper images formatted for iPhone & iPod Touch.
- Access to nin.com's thriving forums.
- Login with your free nin.com account, or create a new one directly from the app.
- Send & receive private messages and view user profiles.
Article Link: Nine Inch Nails iPhone Application Now Available
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Arkanok
macrumors 6502a

It just crashes over and over. I've tried about 10 times or so to get this thing to run and no dice. I haven't been able to get it running once without crashing in the first 10 seconds.
Arkanok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:33 PM   #3
djinn
macrumors 65816

No problems here. Even streamed some music.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:17 PM   #4
ThunderSkunk
macrumors 68000

It seems to me there should be an outlet through iTunes to let bands distribute content this way, without requiring them to all have their own apps, and users who like hundreds of bands to have hundreds of apps to get content.
ThunderSkunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:25 PM   #5
TJROCKSTAR
macrumors newbie

Crashing App!

It's not the app! It's just you!! It with the website, I am watching people post live, and google earth is showing me their location in real time. Slick app, and it's kissing ass on my ipod touch!
Nine Inch Nails, showing the rest of the music industry how it's done!
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad-Core
iPod Touch, iPhone 3Gs 9/20/09
TJROCKSTAR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:41 PM   #6
bennifer3000
macrumors regular

Awesome app. Running great, no problems.

Recommend people check it out. Also check out Ghosts I-IV and The Slip.
bennifer3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:44 PM   #7
ZiggyPastorius
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to ZiggyPastorius Send a message via MSN to ZiggyPastorius Send a message via Skype™ to ZiggyPastorius
Been waiting for this app since it was announced. Updating the app store even on my phone when I'm out traveling...another great resource for a Nine Inch Nails fan. Great app. Thanks, Trent.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:44 AM   #8
eonaeon
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanok View Post
It just crashes over and over. I've tried about 10 times or so to get this thing to run and no dice. I haven't been able to get it running once without crashing in the first 10 seconds.
Mine does something similar - can't seem to do anything without it crashing.
eonaeon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:04 AM   #9
synth3tik
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to synth3tik
Thunder said it. This is a great idea, however being just nin limits it. Obviously other bands will want to follow suit as it is a great idea, then we will all have tons of these apps for a bunch of different bands.
synth3tik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 02:17 PM   #10
ZiggyPastorius
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to ZiggyPastorius Send a message via MSN to ZiggyPastorius Send a message via Skype™ to ZiggyPastorius
Quote:
Originally Posted by synth3tik View Post
Thunder said it. This is a great idea, however being just nin limits it. Obviously other bands will want to follow suit as it is a great idea, then we will all have tons of these apps for a bunch of different bands.
It would be cool. But the development of this app allegedly cost a lot of money (tens of thousands to a hundred thousand dollars). How many bands are going to spend that kind of money and give it away for a free?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 02:20 PM   #11
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

its a nice little application and very polished. it does crash occasionally and the iphone wallpapers dont seem to ever download completely, as in they're still blurry when loaded. but i suppose bugs are to be expected.

i can't see very many bands doing this, at least not to the extent that the NIN application goes to.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:04 PM   #12
Hardscan451
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up no major problems

Nice little app that makes you feel connected to the artists and not some corporate promotional x-factor kind of trash. Only niggle i've had so far is when saving wallpapers the app quits, but thats no big deal, thanks for the effort Rob and Trent.
Hardscan451 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 07:43 PM   #13
MorzillA
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to MorzillA Send a message via MSN to MorzillA Send a message via Yahoo to MorzillA
They work 1000X better than the competition.

Update from the new NiN app. I hope that the new app does get approved...

MorzillA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 11:31 PM   #14
Apocrathia
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Apocrathia
I really hope that Trent Reznor's recent outcry is the voice that Apple actually listens to over their ludicrous app store approval system. I really hope that firmware 3.0 includes a strict parental controls feature. It's really a shame that so many great apps just get lost in the approval process.
It just reminds me of this comic:

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion