Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hemalimojidra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
MPMusicPlayerController is not playing anything.
Any one have idea about this new MPMusicPlayerControlller class in iphoneOS3.0.

I am getting null value for my object.

MPMusicPlayerController *player = [MPMusicPlayerController iPodMusicPlayer];
MPMediaQuery *query = [MPMediaQuery songsQuery];
NSLog(@"Song Query : %@", query);
[player setQueueWithQuery:[MPMediaQuery songsQuery]];

NSLog(@"Player : %@", player);
[player play];
NSLog(@"Player --%@",[player nowPlayingItem]);
NSLog(@"Current Playback Time : %@", [player currentPlaybackTime]);

This code not playing any thing but not giving error.

I am getting following thing in my console

MPMediaLibrary: Unable to launch media library server: application not found

What is this media library server?
From where player can identify the file which i want to play with my player?

Please help if any one have idea about this.

Thanks,
Hemali Mojidra

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Post your question on the Apple 3.0 dev forum, you'll get a quick response there. There are even Apple folks who respond to code questions. Plus you're not violating anything by posting your questions and code there.

And if you're trying that in the simulator, it won't work. There is no media player in the simulator, you need to test it on the device only.

hemalimojidra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Since this deals with the iPhone OS 3.0 beta, which is still under NDA, you probably won't get much help in this forum.

Thanks
Than from where i can get my solution rather than apple developer beta forum 3.0?

hemalimojidra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Post your question on the Apple 3.0 dev forum, you'll get a quick response there. There are even Apple folks who respond to code questions. Plus you're not violating anything by posting your questions and code there.

And if you're trying that in the simulator, it won't work. There is no media player in the simulator, you need to test it on the device only.

Thank you first

In this APPLE 3.0 dev forum only those can login who has enroll for $99 or $299. I haven't that apple id to login. Is there any other way that can help me?

Yes this iTune library will not be awaylable in simulator. So it won't be work.

Thans
Hemali Mojidra

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
In this APPLE 3.0 dev forum only those can login who has enroll for $99 or $299. I haven't that apple id to login. Is there any other way that can help me?
If you don't have access to the Apple Dev Forums for 3.0 then that means you obtained the iPhone OS 3.0 beta through channels other than the official ones and we can't help you then. Sorry.

hemalimojidra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
If you don't have access to the Apple Dev Forums for 3.0 then that means you obtained the iPhone OS 3.0 beta through channels other than the official ones and we can't help you then. Sorry.

ok thnks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.