Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
and some nice crazy background, which i downloaded and using right now.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5226696/windows-7-release-candidate-1s-best-surprise-new-features

windows7100.jpg

xpcompatbility.jpg

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
lol free VPC. what a waste of a program.

sorry but that background is quite ugly :(

yea and wow the rest of those backgrounds are intense too!!!

W7 is looking rather good though, i have the beta thing and its pretty darn reliable! i hope the full version is worth it :)

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
i will wait for $34 copy from school. or just catch next gen netbook with win7 pre-installed

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
ah, $34 is only upgrade version, full version still costs 60+.

on a second thought. I m not sure I will still be on this netbook when win 7 arrived... we shall see. Im a bit disappointed in intel's 2nd gen atom, which doesn't seem worth anything at all, that might keep me on my current Netbook longer.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
ah, $34 is only upgrade version, full version still costs 60+.

oh really? damn. so thats like $100Aus, stuff that!

on a second thought. I m not sure I will still be on this netbook when win 7 arrived... we shall see. Im a bit disappointed in intel's 2nd gen atom, which doesn't seem worth anything at all, that might keep me on my current Netbook longer.

hhmm well tbh anything atom is really crap haha.. there is no denying that. its only made for web browsing/email/being small & portable i guess..

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
oh really? damn. so thats like $100Aus, stuff that!

hhmm well tbh anything atom is really crap haha.. there is no denying that. its only made for web browsing/email/being small & portable i guess..

no, actually it does do the trick for most stuff, I edit (cut and split, etc) avi (using avidemux), wmv(using movica), watching tv online (Hulu, CBS, etc), working with office 2007 and other stuff, such as skype video chat, illustrator and gimp. google earth. and some games, MM6, MM7, MM8, HoMM3, HoMM4.

There is no limit of what you can do with it, albeit it will be very slow if you were to run matlab, mathimatica, etc.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
no, actually it does do the trick for most stuff, I edit (cut and split, etc) avi (using avidemux), wmv(using movica), watching tv online (Hulu, CBS, etc), working with office 2007 and other stuff, such as skype video chat, illustrator and gimp. google earth. and some games, MM6, MM7, MM8, HoMM3, HoMM4.

There is no limit of what you can do with it, albeit it will be very slow if you were to run matlab, mathimatica, etc.

give that thing to me, ill find its limit :p

i have been converting videos/editing lately in FCP :-s isnt that a nightmare on a 3 year old MBP!! even my 3ghz hack struggles.

what GPU does it have?

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
give that thing to me, ill find its limit :p

i have been converting videos/editing lately in FCP :-s isnt that a nightmare on a 3 year old MBP!! even my 3ghz hack struggles.

what GPU does it have?

FCP obviously belongs to the category that 99.9% users dont use :p

its same gpu as first gen MB, Intel GMA 950.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think the choice to bundle the Windows XP and VPC copies into a free "Windows XP mode" in the business versions of Windows 7 is quite interesting. I'll be really curious to see how the media takes to that one. Particularly the decision to deprive (most) home users of this feature.

Windows 7 is looking very nice generally, but the game-maker will entirely be whether MS can convince people to start writing "killer apps" that need Win7.

My experience with my Atom EeeBox (N270) is that it's slow in loading applications, particularly first loading the basics like Firefox, Thunderbird, and iTunes at launch, most likely because of the slow HD. After that, it's a bit on the slow side but generally usable. It plays full screen "HD" flash video -- like Lost in HD -- reasonably well, so it does the kinds of things I ask of it admirably.

The second-gen atom does seem disappointing -- hopefully the dual core, low power Atom will be worthy -- otherwise, things like that e4200 Dell notebook that has a low voltage Core 2 processor but weighs around 2.3 lbs sounds more appetizing than another netbook, even if it's more expensive (or, gasp, perhaps even a refurb MBA rev A) to me.

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
Windows 7 RC1 has cooler wallpapers

It pains me to say it. Now, don't get me wrong. I won't buy a PC, I'll never use W7 unless it's for work or something.

But some of the wallpapers that come with the W7 RC1 are really f'n cool. I like them because of how different most of them are.

Here's a link to a Flickr collection, where you can download full sizes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/embee/sets/72157617274401628/

Attached is my iMac's new desktop.

Enjoy, I know I did!

Attachments

• 3471401413_f8cb7a11ac.jpg
    3471401413_f8cb7a11ac.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 97

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
The 1920 x 1200 downloads should look good at that resolution. Which size are you downloading?

I just opened it to as big as it can go, and then right click>Set as desktop Background.

Is there an actual download link that I can't seem to find?

EDIT: Just figured it out, sorry.

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
i connected my netbook to my tv

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 103

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
its all Japanese manga style, as far as I can tell, and I love it. The one I m using remind me the castle in the sky, and Legend of Heavenly Sphere Shurato (天空戦記 シュラト), alot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.