fuz10n
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to fuz10n
macbook screen model # - can't match to device or vendor

Hey guys,

The LCD on my uni macbook 2.4 has this manufacturer and model:

Manufacturer: 00000610
Model: 00009CA5

I've searched around to no avail. Anyone else have this screen, and know what the vendor/model is?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 01:54 PM   #2
hellfire88
macrumors 6502

Yea the panel in my new Unibody 2.4GHz Macbook also shows this model number etc. Doesn't seem to match the known "list" of panels. Maybe its a new brand/panel Apple is using for recently built unibody MB's?
hellfire88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Sareth
macrumors member

Same here.
Sareth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:34 PM   #4
MBHockey
macrumors 68040

I've got:

Manufacturer: 00000610
Model: 00009C89

Purchased at an Apple retail store about a month ago (2.4 GHz)
MBHockey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Sareth
macrumors member

What's its year/week of manufacture ?

Serial Number: LLYWWSSSSSS

LL location of manufacture
Y year
WW week
Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:57 PM   #6
fuz10n
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
What's its year/week of manufacture ?

Serial Number: LLYWWSSSSSS

LL location of manufacture
Y year
WW week
2009, 13th week
Old May 1, 2009, 03:47 AM   #7
Sareth
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuz10n View Post
2009, 13th week
I'm a 2009 12.
Old May 1, 2009, 09:17 PM   #8
n20nine
macrumors member

i heard these panels are supposed to be better than the ones out there currently. can any of you testify to this? or maybe a side by side pic with another alubook thats using a different panel..thanks.
n20nine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 09:20 PM   #9
SPEEDwithJJ
macrumors 65816

I'm also interested in seeing some photos, if possible. Thanks in advance.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:42 PM   #10
fuz10n
macrumors member

A lot of people say the macbook air's screen is "much much better" than the macbooks. I owned a macbook air for a while before exchanging it for my macbook, which has this newer screen, and I don't notice a quality difference at all. Beautifully bright, vivid and balanced.

One complaint I read was that the macbook's screen had a horrible black. I've watched a few movies on the macbook (one being "let the right one in", which has some very dark scenes), and the blacks are very black, no different from the macbook air's, which i also watched a few films on.

Here are a couple of (horrible) photos of my screen i just shot with my iphone. Sorry if they are of such horrible quality that they aren't worth your time.

Old May 2, 2009, 02:06 AM   #11
SPEEDwithJJ
macrumors 65816

fuz10n, do you mind taking the time to take some photos of your MB with movies playing on it & also with a black wallpaper (such as that Apple Earth wallpaper) or something? Thanks in advance.

Based on your photos, I guess this new screens Apple are using in the MB are a whole lot better because when I compared your screen to the screen on my Alu MB, yours is simply better than mine. I guess I should have waited for one more month before buying it with these new screens (I bought my base Alu MB at the end of March).
Old May 2, 2009, 02:06 AM   #12
marvel2
macrumors 6502

How are the viewing angles? Do the colors shift horribly when you move up/down, left/right.
marvel2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 06:21 AM   #13
Sareth
macrumors member

my 9CA5

Old May 2, 2009, 09:50 AM   #14
r.kirkerrr
macrumors member

that looks awesome. i am so psyched to get mine now after the exams. when do you reckon they will become more common? is there any way to buy a macbook with a broken screen, and simply replace the screen with this one?
r.kirkerrr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 09:56 AM   #15
fuz10n
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDwithJJ View Post
fuz10n, do you mind taking the time to take some photos of your MB with movies playing on it & also with a black wallpaper (such as that Apple Earth wallpaper) or something? Thanks in advance.
Here's a .mov of the first part of batman returns. Kind of a disturbing scene, but it's quite dark.

http://creative-foc.us/macbook-screen.mov

Old May 2, 2009, 12:38 PM   #16
SPEEDwithJJ
macrumors 65816

fuz10n and Sareth, thanks to both of you guys for taking the time & effort to post those photos/video for us. I really appreciate it.

Man, I have to say that these new screens look to be way better than the old ones. The black levels look really black. The black color also seems to be perfectly event across the screen, which seem to highlight the fact that these newer screens have got very good viewing angles.

I really regret buying my Alu MB (with a s**ky 9C89 screen) at the end of March. Why can't I wait for just one more month? Oh well, that's how life goes sometimes. By the way, anyone interested in buying a 5-6 weeks old base Alu MB with AppleCare for cheap?
Old May 2, 2009, 01:31 PM   #17
fuz10n
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDwithJJ View Post
fuz10n and Sareth, thanks to both of you guys for taking the time & effort to post those photos/video for us. I really appreciate it.

Man, I have to say that these new screens look to be way better than the old ones. The black levels look really black. The black color also seems to be perfectly event across the screen, which seem to highlight the fact that these newer screens have got very good viewing angles.

I really regret buying my Alu MB (with a s**ky 9C89 screen) at the end of March. Why can't I wait for just one more month? Oh well, that's how life goes sometimes. By the way, anyone interested in buying a 5-6 weeks old base Alu MB with AppleCare for cheap?
Sorry to hear that. You might want to try ebaying it for relatively cheap. Maybe you can get apple care to replace your screen or macbook as well if you explain.
Old May 2, 2009, 03:16 PM   #18
marvel2
macrumors 6502

Is it possible to get pictures from different angles? I'm curious as to see if the colors still shift and moderate viewing angles.
marvel2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Jigsawjammer
macrumors regular

So is this post saying that the most current UMB come with a better screen than earlier UMB? Will you definitely get this screen if you buy it new?

I was thinking about the refurbished route but if there is a difference between March's and April's screens then I would go new.

Or, does anyone know what month refurbished are shipping? Like are refurbished UMB shipping now built in like January or even February?

Please help! Thanks!
Jigsawjammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 05:16 PM   #20
SPEEDwithJJ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsawjammer View Post
So is this post saying that the most current UMB come with a better screen than earlier UMB? Will you definitely get this screen if you buy it new?
I'm afraid that it seems like it is true that the latest Alu MBs are coming with these "MBP quality" screens. You should have a fairly high chance of getting these screens if you buy your Alu MB new as of now. Good luck.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:20 PM   #21
SPEEDwithJJ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuz10n View Post
Sorry to hear that. You might want to try ebaying it for relatively cheap. Maybe you can get apple care to replace your screen or macbook as well if you explain.
I doubt Apple will do anything for me because they'll most likely tell me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my screen & that it is within their stringent specifications.

I'll probably take your suggestion to ebay it or something. The worst thing with news of Apple using these new higher quality ("rev. B") screens is that my Alu MB's resale value is definitely going to take a huge bump. I guess there is a reason why people always advise not to buy a rev. A product. Oh well, I just hope I don't loose too much money selling my Alu MB. Wish me luck.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:41 PM   #22
Jigsawjammer
macrumors regular

Thanks Speed... two more quick questions:

1. Does this come on both the 2.0 and the 2.4 because it seems everyone who posted has a 2.4

2. Is there a way to tell which screen you are getting on the outside of the box? Like is the serial number printed on the outside or will the Apple store try to make you happy and figure it out before you purchase.

Thanks again.
Jigsawjammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 05:44 PM   #23
SPEEDwithJJ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsawjammer View Post
Thanks Speed... two more quick questions:

1. Does this come on both the 2.0 and the 2.4 because it seems everyone who posted has a 2.4

2. Is there a way to tell which screen you are getting on the outside of the box? Like is the serial number printed on the outside or will the Apple store try to make you happy and figure it out before you purchase.

Thanks again.
1) I think it should. There is no reason it shouldn't because the 2.0 & 2.4 are using the same kinds of screens.

2) Unfortunately, the only way to tell what screen you have is to open up the box, turn on the MB & check for the screen model using the system preferences menu.
Old May 2, 2009, 06:07 PM   #24
atticus18244fsa
macrumors 6502

I'm buying a MB in July and was a little disappointed about what people thought about the screen. I have low standards and probably wouldn't have noticed but damn these ones look a lot better.
atticus18244fsa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 06:19 PM   #25
Love
macrumors 68000

I have a 9C89 and it's simply stunning. No light leak, no dust, deep blacks, no backlight bleeding.
Love is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook