Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
I have done a search, but I wasn't quite sure what to look for. Forgive me if this has been covered.

I have a dual 1.25 g4, running 10.3.3, using Airport Extreme. We have at our house, my g4, my mother's g5 (1.6ghz also running 10.3.3), brother's ibook (g4 933mhz 10.3.3), and my other brother's iMac Dv (g3 500mhz 10.2.x). We are all connected to the airport extreme via cards, besides our iMac which is hardwired to the basestation. I recently (3 days ago) got the newest airport updates, so that may be the problem.

Just today, I have noticed I keep getting disconnected. The airport indicator in the menubar still says I have a signal, all of the other computers on the network still get internet, but for some reason, none of my applications that use the internet will connect. So I restart, shut down, or put it to sleep, and the when its back up, I'm connected again. For about 5-10 minutes. There is no indication that I get disconnected, I just have to guess that since im not getting responses from apps, I must be disconnected. Like I said, the indicator in the menu bar still says my airport card is getting a signal, and all my internet prefferences say i am still connected, so I have no idea what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
abhishekit: yes it did. or at least it seems to have. haven't had any problems for several hours.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
I had that problem too, and it persisted with 3.4.1. I have now "downgraded" to 3.3.1, and life is again good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.