Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old May 15, 2009, 10:01 AM   #1
wiscal
macrumors newbie

Powerbook not recognizing iPhone 3.0/iPod 3.0 after updating to iTunes 8.2.0.13

Bit of a unique situation.

Have MacMini with 3.0 sdk, iTunes 8.2.0.13 and iPhone and iTouch with 3.0 installed as well. Everything there works harmoniously.

Also have a pc running latest iTunes. Harmony as well between all devices.

Here's where it gets complicated: I have a Powerbook G4. Seeing as I can't run the sdk on this set up I dragged the .dmg files over for the new iTunes and iPhone (same way I got this on my pc). I updated iTunes to 8.2.0.13. From that point forward that computer no longer recognizes either the iPhone or the iTouch when plugged in. They don't even charge.

What happened? How can I fix it?

(One possible related issue, not sure: When intending to install iTunes 8.2.0.13 on my G4 I accidentally ran the iPhone 3.0 .dmg. The open animation ran but nothing happened after that.)

Hints? Tips? Suggestions?

Very much appreciated - Wiscal.
wiscal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 11:11 AM   #2
wiscal
macrumors newbie

Considering un/re-installing iTunes

This is a last resort so I'm putting out another call for assistance before I take this step.

Is there any info out there as to why my powerbook G4 is no longer recognizing my iPhone (w/ 3.0) and my iPod touch (w/ 3.0) even after upgrading iTunes to 8.2? The devices won't even charge when plugged in - no recognition at all.

Thanks,
-Matt
wiscal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 02:48 AM   #3
tempusfugit
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscal View Post
This is a last resort so I'm putting out another call for assistance before I take this step.

Is there any info out there as to why my powerbook G4 is no longer recognizing my iPhone (w/ 3.0) and my iPod touch (w/ 3.0) even after upgrading iTunes to 8.2? The devices won't even charge when plugged in - no recognition at all.

Thanks,
-Matt
do they charge in the wall?

im not sure, but never overlook a faulty usb cord or even usb port on the machine. granted that could very well not be the issue.

or do they still work with the pcs? im not clear on what you've said...
that would certainly be a bit ironic.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:01 AM   #4
SuperMacMan
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to SuperMacMan
Sorry to drag up an old thread....

But I'm having same issue.

iTunes will *not* recognize iPod Touch on 3.0 GM *at all*. However, it does charge.

Very weird...
Old Jun 14, 2009, 02:53 AM   #5
Mrhoppes
macrumors newbie

I think you need a intel chip to run 8.2 and sdk 3.0 but dont quote me if im wrong.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 05:24 AM   #6
SuperMacMan
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to SuperMacMan
I have the 1st Gen Aluminium iMac, as my signature states.......

EDIT: I have had 3.0 GM running fine in the past, I have my iPod linked to a friends Dev Account. So it's not an issue with that.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming