Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 10, 2004, 05:19 PM   #1
minya
macrumors newbie

iBook software restore question

Hi,

Recently got an iBook and played around with it for a bit. I then decided to sell it, so I restored OS X to default using the discs supplied with the laptop. Now I've flip-flopped again and decided to keep it.

It seems, however, to be missing most of the programs that came pre-installed (THPS4, Deimos Rising, AppleWorks, etc). This doesn't really bother me, and I'd probably rather have the extra hard drive space, but I found it strange. Did I do something wrong in the system restore process? Does this always happen?

Thanks for any help.

- Chris
minya is offline   0
Old May 10, 2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Horrortaxi
macrumors 68020

You either didn't use all the disks or you don't have all the disks. OS X is 2 CDs and Software Restore is 3. All that stuff is on there though.
Horrortaxi is offline   0
Old May 10, 2004, 08:41 PM   #3
minya
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrortaxi
You either didn't use all the disks or you don't have all the disks. OS X is 2 CDs and Software Restore is 3. All that stuff is on there though.
Ah... okay. I was wondering about that. I was given 2 Software Restore discs, but IIRC, I only had to use one. Ah well. It's not too big of a deal.

- Chris
minya is offline   0
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:01 PM   #4
YS2003
macrumors 68020

Restore DVD/CD for new 12" iBook

Since the new 12" iBook only comes with a 40 GB as a standard edition, I would like to know the restore CD/DVD which comes with the iBook can give you options which programs you can install. I don't want Apple Works, tria version of MS Office, Quicken. I am not sure how the restore DVD/CD gives you options for a current 12" iBook. Or, do I need the third party program to do this?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:10 PM   #5
20rogersc
macrumors 65816

On mine which is the old one if you needed to do a clean install, you had to do a 'custom install' to select to put on M$ Office trial, and soem other apps.

::20ROGERSC::
20rogersc is offline   0
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:20 PM   #6
terriyaki
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrortaxi
Wait.. what? So you're supposed to get three CDs with the new iBooks?

I only got two...

What? Can someone please explain this to me.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:23 PM   #7
YS2003
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20rogersc
On mine which is the old one if you needed to do a clean install, you had to do a 'custom install' to select to put on M$ Office trial, and soem other apps.

::20ROGERSC::
So, for the current 12" iBook, does it restore DVD or CD has the custom install option to opt out from M$ Office, Quicken, Apple Works, some others (if any)? For the current iBook owners, please chime in.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers