iBook software restore question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by minya, May 10, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

Recently got an iBook and played around with it for a bit. I then decided to sell it, so I restored OS X to default using the discs supplied with the laptop. Now I've flip-flopped again and decided to keep it.

It seems, however, to be missing most of the programs that came pre-installed (THPS4, Deimos Rising, AppleWorks, etc). This doesn't really bother me, and I'd probably rather have the extra hard drive space, but I found it strange. Did I do something wrong in the system restore process? Does this always happen?

Thanks for any help.

- Chris

2. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

You either didn't use all the disks or you don't have all the disks. OS X is 2 CDs and Software Restore is 3. All that stuff is on there though.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah... okay. I was wondering about that. I was given 2 Software Restore discs, but IIRC, I only had to use one. :confused: Ah well. It's not too big of a deal.

- Chris

4. macrumors 68020

YS2003

Restore DVD/CD for new 12" iBook

Since the new 12" iBook only comes with a 40 GB as a standard edition, I would like to know the restore CD/DVD which comes with the iBook can give you options which programs you can install. I don't want Apple Works, tria version of MS Office, Quicken. I am not sure how the restore DVD/CD gives you options for a current 12" iBook. Or, do I need the third party program to do this?

5. macrumors 65816

20rogersc

On mine which is the old one if you needed to do a clean install, you had to do a 'custom install' to select to put on M$ Office trial, and soem other apps.

::20ROGERSC::

6. macrumors 6502a

Wait.. what? So you're supposed to get three CDs with the new iBooks?

I only got two...

What? Can someone please explain this to me.

7. macrumors 68020

YS2003

So, for the current 12" iBook, does it restore DVD or CD has the custom install option to opt out from M$ Office, Quicken, Apple Works, some others (if any)? For the current iBook owners, please chime in.