Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
There are so many I think it's best if we keep UK discussion in this thread. I hope O2 give us a good deal on upgrades!

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
There are so many I think it's best if we keep UK discussion in this thread. I hope O2 give us a good deal on upgrades!

If its anything like the american deal i will just keep my 3G until next years one is released and get it.

rs13

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2008
im sure we will see them very soon i use my iphone 3g on pay as you go but i think i will get me a contract now

rjackman

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Just seen this on the US Store...

(2) Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)

hope it's not going to be like that for us as well.

raymondkerr

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I am ready to buy my first iPhone, don't want a contract and was willing to pay £340 for a pay as you go. Wondering now if O2 will announce pay as you go phones for June 19th, after all the handsets are the only change, the network and sims are already in place for the iPhone Pay&go service.

Please O2, offer Pay&go on the 19th.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Better be a good Deal again, i really want this lol.

No Prices yet either, gonna be more than the 3G Was though, was really hoping for the £160 price :/ Best we can expect now is £250, unless AT&T have stopped subsidizing the price.

mvp2206

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
Southampton, UK
On the Apple site it says that PAYG iPhone 3GS are coming soon. Would we be able to buy a 3GS then use our existing iPhone sim in it? Might work out as a cheaper option than upgrading and being tied into a new contract perhaps?

It is a little tempting to do so as video recording and a better camera were the things i was waiting on, but in 12 months there will probably be a new one so............decisions decisions!

FriDay85

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
UK
So the iPhone 3GS is released in the UK on June 26? When the iPhone 3G was released how much did owners of the original iPhone have to pay O2 for an upgrade?

As an iPhone 3G owner i am looking forward to the release of the 3.0 OS. I'm not to fussed about the iPhone 3GS, as there are no changes to the external look of the phone. The only differences between the 3G and 3GS i can see are the, improved performance, built-in video camera with editing, voice control and compass. It would be nice to have the 3MP camera with the ability to record videos.

If O2 offer a good upgrade deal i will probably get the 3GS, otherwise i'm not that fussed. :)

VibrantGravy

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
London, N1
I am ready to buy my first iPhone, don't want a contract and was willing to pay £340 for a pay as you go. Wondering now if O2 will announce pay as you go phones for June 19th, after all the handsets are the only change, the network and sims are already in place for the iPhone Pay&go service.

Please O2, offer Pay&go on the 19th.

It would appear that they will from the look of this:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTE2OTU

Random hero

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
If i remember rightly when the 3G was announced someone on here had found a page on the O2 site within a few hours that outlined the prices and upgrade prices.... heres hoping

rjackman

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Camera/Video camera are the big ones for me, I will upgrade as long as it's not stupid money.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
iPhone Users paid the same price as a new contract to upgrade to a 3G. O2 Literally just cancelled there current contract and gave them a new 3G One.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.